Hello Alex! Another #!&^* Hurricane

Texsox

Thanks SS. The past two days have been wonderful. Currently it is sunny and cool. Best weather since I hit the island. Thank God for weather forcasting. We took down camp yesterday and finished up some small stuff this morning. We're packing up our personal stuff and thinking about when we are going to leave. One possibility has us riding the storm out with friends here on the island. While I would really like to experience what a hurricane feels like first hand, it seems pretty dumb to stay.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Think of it as taking one for the team. If you gat a direct hit it means the storm will pass well south and west of Deep Horizon ground zero.

Stay safe.

It seems too greedy to catch a hurricane so soon after catching Dolly. I'm thinking I'll let deep south Mexico catch this one. But we are grateful it isn't churning up towards LA the panhandle.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Thanks SS. The past two days have been wonderful. Currently it is sunny and cool. Best weather since I hit the island. Thank God for weather forcasting. We took down camp yesterday and finished up some small stuff this morning. We're packing up our personal stuff and thinking about when we are going to leave. One possibility has us riding the storm out with friends here on the island. While I would really like to experience what a hurricane feels like first hand, it seems pretty dumb to stay.

It is an experience you will never forget. I got to ride out Alicia when I was 10. Wow was that somethingelse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
It is an experience you will never forget. I got to ride out Alicia when I was 10. Wow was that somethingelse.

Well I am sitting at home, 80 miles or so inland. I am reminded the story of the chicken and the pig at a bacon and eggs breakfast. The chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Hanging around as a tourist while friends boarded up their businesses and homes seemed wrong. Plus there was a bunch of stuff we could do back here. Hopefully Alex will keep hooking west and make landfall about 120 miles south of the island.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
Well I am sitting at home, 80 miles or so inland. I am reminded the story of the chicken and the pig at a bacon and eggs breakfast. The chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Hanging around as a tourist while friends boarded up their businesses and homes seemed wrong. Plus there was a bunch of stuff we could do back here. Hopefully Alex will keep hooking west and make landfall about 120 miles south of the island.

Which is exactly what is happening, except the tornados that have spun up.

Interesting night. Water was rising in my backyard and about the time I would be cursing myself for not getting a few sandbags it would drain. I am at the top of a slight rise and water flowed nicely down my street and away from my garage and front door. I will probably make a landscapping change or two before the next storm.