Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I'd only trade Beckham for an impact bat like Fielder or Gonzalez (back when the Padres wanted to get rid of him), and we were committed to signing said player to a 250 million dollar contract.

You wouldn't have to sign Fielder or Gonzalez to a $250 million contract. If anything, they are going to get the same effective deal that Mark Teixeira, Ryan Howard, and Joe Mauer all did, which is roughly 8 years, $180 mill.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
The only way that I'd deal Beckham for Dunn would be if Dunn signed a 3-year extension as part of the deal. And even then, I don't know if I'd want to do that deal.

So... trade a very talented and cheap player under control for 6 years for a very talented and expensive player under control for 3 years.

Why not just keep Beckham and use the difference to bring in a quality free agent in the offseason?

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
So... trade a very talented and cheap player under control for 6 years for a very talented and expensive player under control for 3 years.

Why not just keep Beckham and use the difference to bring in a quality free agent in the offseason?

Maybe this is our best chance at another ring in the near future? :huh

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)

Pretty much. The only compelling reason to do a trade-and-sign with Dunn would be to avoid a FA bidding war. And even then, you're giving up the best position player prospect the organization has had since Frank.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Cowley on the score right now... is saying that Mike Rizzo really likes Carlos Quentin and would want him for Dunn...

Dealing Quentin would only make sense if we were selling and not in need of another bat.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
Seriously, the Nats are asking the moon for Dunn, and the Sox don't have the pieces to acquire him. The best thing you can do at this point is to make a smaller addition or two and to tell the Nats to pound sand.

We do have the pieces to acquire him, but we'd be stupid to use all of them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
What they want and what we're willing to offer are two very different things. Lets see how this all shakes out.

excellent point, there are other bats that will move, I highly doubt any team is going to give the equivalent to a Beckham or Q for Dunn for 3 months.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm starting to like the idea of LaRoche a lot more.

He makes more sense. Second half hitter, can actually play respectable defense, and is cheaper by a lot.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
He makes more sense. Second half hitter, can actually play respectable defense, and is cheaper by a lot.

Which should make him a lot more desirable for quite a few teams one would think.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
Cowley on the score right now... is saying that Mike Rizzo really likes Carlos Quentin and would want him for Dunn...

On a side note... Man, Cowley is a really pompous a-hole. I hope he goes to New York or someplace else far away.

So make a hole to fix a hole?