Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get why Arizona would even be in talks with Washington about Dunn unless it's a 3 team trade. They have no use for him. I just heard DiPoto on the radio and he was talking about how they need to bolster their bullpen back to like when they made the playoffs(Lyon, Pena, Valverde). They are looking way down the road at power arms, so our class A/AA players are who i'd look at. A package of Sergio Santos, Santos Rodriguez, and a Shirek/Jones/Nunez may get us Dunn if the Sox are getting him from Arizona. Washington may want guys more at MLB ready level if dealing directly with the Sox.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
I don't think Kenny wants to trade Santos for some reason.

Holmberg/Rodriguez/Santeliz/Nunez/Bellamy/Torres

That's 4 BP arms and 2 starters, right?

Last time I checked, Arizona wanted quantity over quality, so let's do it!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Is true.

I wish Byrnes were still GM, he and Kenny had a good trading relationship.

But Dipoto is stupid. I'd rather deal with a stupid GM than a decent one.

I'm late to the discussion, and it might have been mentioned, but Arizona is well familiar with the sox minor league pitching from the Peavy trade, not to mention spring training. I'd rather the sox keep Jackson and don't move him to Wash. Then the Sox have another solid 5th SP type, if Hudson doesn't turn it around.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Yeah, it's true. I think people are way underestimating what it would take to pull this off. The Nationals have no need to move Dunn, they'll need a big offer to do it. Hudson, Santos, and Shirek won't be enough probably. Maybe if they add Viciedo to that package something would happen, but I doubt it.

If the sox wanted to get Dunn, Hudson, Santos OR Viciedo would be headliners to the trades. No way would more than one of those guys get dealt in a package. IMO, Dayan is least valuable. Yet I don't event think I'd trade Dayan in a package for Dunn.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:54 AM)
I'm late to the discussion, and it might have been mentioned, but Arizona is well familiar with the sox minor league pitching from the Peavy trade, not to mention spring training. I'd rather the sox keep Jackson and don't move him to Wash. Then the Sox have another solid 5th SP type, if Hudson doesn't turn it around.

Wasn't that San Diego?

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Of the available SP's, who makes sense? Edwin Jackson; Jake Westbrook, if the sox want to add salary.

Carmona, but he's going to cost a lot more than the two you just mentioned.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Of the available SP's, who makes sense? Edwin Jackson; Jake Westbrook, if the sox want to add salary.

Kenny likes to acquire players that aren't "available" in the traditional sense. I'd love for him to target Nolasco.

Buehrle

Nolasco

Danks

Floyd

Garcia

--

Peavy

Danks

Nolasco

Buehrle

Floyd

That's the goods ^ there. Nice.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Kenny likes to acquire players that aren't "available" in the traditional sense. I'd love for him to target Nolasco.

Buehrle

Nolasco

Danks

Floyd

Garcia

--

Peavy

Danks

Nolasco

Buehrle

Floyd

That's the goods ^ there. Nice.

I would really like to have Nolasco. Although his home run problems are...a bit worrisome in this park.

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather go after Luke Scott than Dunn. Not saying Dunn isn't the better player, but I think Scott would be the better option for us. He would not cost us nearly as much as Dunn in regards to cash and prospects.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
Call me crazy, but I'd much rather go after Luke Scott than Dunn. Not saying Dunn isn't the better player, but I think Scott would be the better option for us. He would not cost us nearly as much as Dunn in regards to cash and prospects.

The problem with Luke Scott is that he is so damn streaky. He is on a hot streak right now, so he could be outstanding for the next 2-3 weeks, but after that he won't be much of an addition to the club.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
The problem with Luke Scott is that he is so damn streaky. He is on a hot streak right now, so he could be outstanding for the next 2-3 weeks, but after that he won't be much of an addition to the club.

This is actually my -- possibly irrationally -- worry with Scott. After his recent torrid hot streak his numbers on the year are now some of the best in the game (.404 wOBA); well Luke Scott isn't that good, he's just not. Over the last 3 years his wOBA have ranged from .343 to .365, so my worry is that he's gonna have to bring his overall numbers down to around those levels (maybe a bit higher since he probably won't get to 500 PA) over the final 2 months of the season meaning if you trade for Scott now you could get some absolutely horrible production out of him while he regresses back to the mean.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
This is actually my -- possibly irrationally -- worry with Scott. After his recent torrid hot streak his numbers on the year are now some of the best in the game (.404 wOBA); well Luke Scott isn't that good, he's just not. Over the last 3 years his wOBA have ranged from .343 to .365, so my worry is that he's gonna have to bring his overall numbers down to around those levels (maybe a bit higher since he probably won't get to 500 PA) over the final 2 months of the season meaning if you trade for Scott now you could get some absolutely horrible production out of him while he regresses back to the mean.

Mark Kotsay's wOBA is .295. What are the odds Scott will be that bad?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Mark Kotsay's wOBA is .295. What are the odds Scott will be that bad?

What's the going rate on a 32 year old DH/OF with a .946 OPS (.858 for his career), hasn't had a season with a sub .800 OPS since becoming a full time player in '07, has been a 2+ WAR player 4 of the last 5 years (1.5 last year) and is under team control for another 2 years (though those last 2 arb years are going to be very pricey, he made about $4M this year)?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)

Scott is a lot like Soriano. Ridiculous 3-week stretches in which he looks like 2004 Barry Bonds that manipulates his true talent level. That said, Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kotsay.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)

I'm thinking along the same lines.