Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Levine says to acquire Dunn it is going to take Hudson + one of Flowers/Morel/Bad Danks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5414243

This is what I was talking about when I said the aftermath of losing Peavy is about so much more than him not being able to take the mound every 5th day. IF Peavy were healthy and we could sign Dunn to an extension, I'd be all over this.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Levine says to acquire Dunn it is going to take Hudson + one of Flowers/Morel/Bad Danks.

I'd give up Hudson and D2 or Flowers. I don't forsee Flowers or D2 reaching their potential. Plus we have Mitchell as a backup OF. We need to find some catcher in Cuba somewhere to take over for when AJ retires.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
What's the going rate on a 32 year old DH/OF with a .946 OPS (.858 for his career), hasn't had a season with a sub .800 OPS since becoming a full time player in '07, has been a 2+ WAR player 4 of the last 5 years (1.5 last year) and is under team control for another 2 years (though those last 2 arb years are going to be very pricey, he made about $4M this year)?

Wouldn't that make him pretty cheap to get from the O's? I see your concerns but other than LaRoche I don't see many lefty options that aren't named Dunn or Fielder. He is not ideal but I would think he could be had pretty easily.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
I'd give up Hudson and D2 or Flowers. I don't forsee Flowers or D2 reaching their potential. Plus we have Mitchell as a backup OF. We need to find some catcher in Cuba somewhere to take over for when AJ retires.

I'd easily want to keep flowers over Danks. I'm sorry. Those Ks are just ridiculous.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)

We seem to trade an awful lot of pitching. Which I guess makes sense considering that is what most teams want in return, but geez...I would think we are going to get smoked on one of these deals with pitching some day.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
We seem to trade an awful lot of pitching. Which I guess makes sense considering that is what most teams want in return, but geez...I would think we are going to get smoked on one of these deals with pitching some day.

Well, the good thing, for the most part is that we have starting pitching in their prime. We don't have much to worry about with it now. In the future though, we should probably hang on to Sale, and draft high ceiling pitching prospects. I want to keep Hudson, I really do, but Dunn's out there and I think he would help us much more.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)

I would have a hard time parting with Hudson, solely because of Peavy's injury. Had Peavy not been hurt, sign me up. I wonder if we could do VIciedo and two of that group? I think I would do it, but even than, I have my doubts as to whether we would be a World Series contender which makes me partially think twice.

I wouldn't have those doubts if Peavy didn't go down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
If that is the price, I think the deal gets done.

has the price of rental players always been this high? I feel like it hasn't but maybe I am wrong and/or over-valuing our players...

if they could get that for Dunn, then what could we get for Thornton and/or Putz?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
I assume you guys are fine with Carlos Torres being our SP for the remainder of the season?

Not at all. No team with Freddy Garcia and Carlos Torres as their 4/5 is fine. But we can't have it both ways. Peavy going down + a farm system thinner than an Olsen twin severely limits your options.

I hate to bring things like "Next season" up...but if you deal Huddy...you better have some plan for your 5th starter next season, because we've seen how well shooting for $1 million bargains can go (remember the Bartolo Colon experiment?)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I'd trade John Danks yesterday if having his little brother, who's bad at baseball, on the team in any way plays a role in if he signs an extension or not.

I don't understand why that would even be a big deal for John. His brother has proven to be a pretty terrible baseball player anyways and he may never make it in the majors anyways. If the Sox can get value at all for Jordan Danks, then they should probably do it.