Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There are 48 hours to go before the trade deadline and it remains to be seen if the Nationals will dig in and make an attempt to sign Adam Dunn. If they don't, they'd have two choices -- either keep him through the end of the year, which really wouldn't make any sense, or try to trade him. The White Sox have been aggressive, but are not well-armed to go after him. You wonder if the teams most motivated to get him will, in the end, be the Rays and the Yankees -- not only to land him for themselves, but to keep him out of the hands of their division rival. Imagine Dunn hitting 5th for the Rays, or second for the Yankees. The Nationals say they're not engaged with the NYY at the moment, but the NYY seem to be hovering --as are the Rays."

Buster freaking Olney.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
"There are 48 hours to go before the trade deadline and it remains to be seen if the Nationals will dig in and make an attempt to sign Adam Dunn. If they don't, they'd have two choices -- either keep him through the end of the year, which really wouldn't make any sense, or try to trade him. The White Sox have been aggressive, but are not well-armed to go after him. You wonder if the teams most motivated to get him will, in the end, be the Rays and the Yankees -- not only to land him for themselves, but to keep him out of the hands of their division rival. Imagine Dunn hitting 5th for the Rays, or second for the Yankees. The Nationals say they're not engaged with the NYY at the moment, but the NYY seem to be hovering --as are the Rays."

Buster freaking Olney.

Buster Olney thinks Adam Dunn will hit second for the Yankees? What is he smoking?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Can the Nationals risk another Soriano situation where they only get draft picks for a top guy?

i can't see it. i just think they're going to push it out until sunday and hope someone comes through with a better offer than the sox.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I'm not sure what he brings except a more expensive version of Jim Thome.

A massive upgrade over Mark Kotsay and a little hope that the Sox could improve upon their near league worst production from the left side of the plate. (.247/.314/.334/.647, only ahead of the .644 OPS Mariners for 14th in the AL, WAY behind the .724 OPS A's for12th)

Look at the deals for Haren and Oswalt. Can someone justify paying considerably more for Dunn than what was paid in those deals? Those are top of the rotation starters. They aren't Cliff Lee, but neither is Dunn. The price is going to have to drop because nothing about the deals that have been done tells me that the price is going to rise.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
More Buster Olney:

Heard this: The White Sox are saying internally that they are currently out of the mix on Dunn

That's called a controlled leak.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Dunn just smacked his 24th bomb of the year on a line to left center field

I just happened to be watching and picturing him in a Sox uni at the exact moment of contact, it was quite an experience. I think I need to go change my pants.

Would love to add some of that sweet, sweet oppo power to a team that doesn't hit a lot of balls out the other way.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
I just happened to be watching and picturing him in a Sox uni at the exact moment of contact, it was quite an experience. I think I need to go change my pants.

Would love to add some of that sweet, sweet oppo power to a team that doesn't hit a lot of balls out the other way.

Hahahaha, that is quite odd considering I was doing basically the exact same thing...

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Hahahaha, that is quite odd considering I was doing basically the exact same thing...

I'm really setting myself up for a monumental let down on Saturday evening when the deadline passes and we don't make a move for an impact bat, it's just really hard not to get excited when you're reading every single report out there.