Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
I've just added a GM to my most hated list and that's Mike Rizzo.

Yeah but not many GMs are like KW where they don't ask for King's Ransom if they don't get it hold out til the last minute. I am sure that's what is happening here. They want Jackson + top prospect (my guess Viciedo) and we want to give Jackson + mid-level prospect. I think a deal will happen, but it will likely just take til the last minute.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
Yeah but not many GMs are like KW where they don't ask for King's Ransom if they don't get it hold out til the last minute. I am sure that's what is happening here. They want Jackson + top prospect (my guess Viciedo) and we want to give Jackson + mid-level prospect. I think a deal will happen, but it will likely just take til the last minute.

Jackson alone is a lot for Dunn.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
If it's Luke Scott, that's fine. I think I'd rather have him than LaRoche.

Same here. I'd almost rather have Scott than Dunn since he can actually play a little bit of the outfield.

And the Twins paid a steep price for Capps, because they only control his rights for one more season after this...and he will be highly compensated next season.

They gave up a premium prospect more highly valued around baseball for a reliever, when they've done just fine with Rauch. Sometimes, you try too hard to improve and you end up changing the roles of almost everyone in the bullpen, it doesn't always go the way you think.

I think unless your ballclub has been giving up numerous games at the back end due to your closer, you should never trade away a premium prospect under team control for six years without getting an everyday player or at least a starting pitcher back...yes, Mauer plays the same position, but there's no guarantee that he will even stay healthy and be able to catch down the line. In order to preserve his power and hitting stroke, they might be better off parking him at 3B, 1B or DH. Yes, he's paid $184 million because he's one of the three best hitters in baseball AND a Gold Glove catcher, but for how long?

We improve our ballclub far more with Jackson than the Twins do with Capps, especially if Cooper already has noted the mechanical flaw.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
And the Twins paid a steep price for Capps, because they only control his rights for one more season after this...and he will be highly compensated next season.

They gave up a premium prospect more highly valued around baseball for a reliever, when they've done just fine with Rauch. Sometimes, you try too hard to improve and you end up changing the roles of almost everyone in the bullpen, it doesn't always go the way you think.

I think unless your ballclub has been giving up numerous games at the back end due to your closer, you should never trade away a premium prospect under team control for six years without getting an everyday player or at least a starting pitcher back...yes, Mauer plays the same position, but there's no guarantee that he will even stay healthy and be able to catch down the line. In order to preserve his power and hitting stroke, they might be better off parking him at 3B, 1B or DH. Yes, he's paid $184 million because he's one of the three best hitters in baseball AND a Gold Glove catcher, but for how long?

We improve our ballclub far more with Jackson than the Twins do with Capps, especially if Cooper already has noted the mechanical flaw.

I will not say we didn't improve our team or did until we see Jackson in action. With his record I am not impressed. But, it can be turned around I am sure. Capps has a better record then Jackson lus the Twings needed that closer as Rauch was starting to stumble

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
I think the asking price for Scott is more absorbitant than we realize...

The Orioles organization is truly a mess. Now they are asking for sponges in return for their most valuable trade pieces

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:49 AM)
I hate to say it, but I could see all this Dunn stuff going back and forth is to add drama for "The Club" I truly see a Dunn deal done (pardon my pun) but this trade won't be announced till right before the deadlie. All this Dunn stuff if fishy and this will be an interestlng next 10 hours.

cmon. the club doesnt drive how the sox operate. thats a ridiculous suggestion

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Same here. I'd almost rather have Scott than Dunn since he can actually play a little bit of the outfield.

would you give up mitchell and flowers for scott?

I think Mitchell and flowers is a rip off of mass proportions for Scott.

Ken_Rosenthal Expect the unexpected today. Source says #Nationals getting late interest from new teams on Dunn - "longshots" being explored. #MLB

6 minutes ago

I wonder what "new" teams there could be. I see this as more or less Rizzo sweating KW out. If he goes somewhere else I will be pissed. Seriously I hate Rizzo.

Buster_ESPN to offer arbitration and risk a one-year award of $15-$16 million.

about 1 hour ago

Buster_ESPN Heard this: If Dunn stays with Washington, they would hope to get draft picks -- but in order to get those, they would have (more)#trades

about 1 hour ago

That's a lot of dough to gamble with.