Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
If the Rays are linked to all these guys were trying to trade for. How about facilitating a three team deal that would net us Carlos Pena?

The Rays aren't going to make a move that will make their major league roster worse while chasing the Yankees.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
If the Rays are linked to all these guys were trying to trade for. How about facilitating a three team deal that would net us Carlos Pena?

For the Sox, they prefer a guy who can play another position other than 1B and DH. For Tampa, they want to add to their lineup which includes Pena.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
Heyman reporting that the Nats asked for Matt Garza for Dunn, lmao.

I wonder, if you're the Rays GM, and you're on the phone with a guy, and he makes a demand like that in a trade, how hard is it to respond respectfully, rather than bursting into laughter?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
I wonder, if you're the Rays GM, and you're on the phone with a guy, and he makes a demand like that in a trade, how hard is it to respond respectfully, rather than bursting into laughter?

My guess is it is very much like boys being boys, at least once they get to know each other.

I'd be willing to bet that Rizzo has heard the phrase "get the f*** out of here" quite a bit over the past few weeks...:)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)

Agree, the whole point that teams in contention make trades is to strengthen their team (at the expense of their minor league system in most cases), not create another significant hole.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)

I wouldn't hold back. I'd laugh and hope they realize not to propose something as stupid as that to me again or to any other team for that matter.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
I must have missed that. What happened?

He publicly questioned Rizzo and his tactics. There was no need to air that in my opinion.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
He publicly questioned Rizzo and his tactics. There was no need to air that in my opinion.

I think he did the entirety of MLB, and maybe Rizzo himself, a favor by doing that. Rizzo is clearly behaving irrationally, and somewhat deceptively. He probably needs to know he can't do that and succeed as a GM.