Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
You can't keep winning games 1-0 and relying on 2 hit shutouts from the pitching staff.

That's what a former Sun-Times sportswriter said five years ago. How'd that work out?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:27 AM)
Peter Gammons said on the Score that the Sox are the front runner for Dunn over the Angels. Angels executives believe Dunn will end up with the Sox.

Thanks I just put on clean underwear for work and now I have to change them.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
That's what a former Sun-Times sportswriter said five years ago. How'd that work out?

So do you feel comfortable with the way the team is constructed now? Do you believe this team as it is has enough to win the world series? ...with the DH of Kotsay/Jones?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
So do you feel comfortable with the way the team is constructed now? Do you believe this team as it is has enough to win the world series? ...with the DH of Kotsay/Jones?

There are no sure things of course, but provided Hudson does okay, I personally feel comfortable with Teahen / Viciedo rotating between 3rd and DH.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
I personally feel comfortable with Teahen / Viciedo rotating between 3rd and DH.

Sure but you're not considering the Ozzie Gullien factor. History has shown us that as long as he has a terrible 24th and 25th man on the roster he will overuse them. So Jones, Kotsay, Vizquel will continue to get rotated as DH.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:27 AM)
Peter Gammons said on the Score that the Sox are the front runner for Dunn over the Angels. Angels executives believe Dunn will end up with the Sox.

Well, our top trading chip has to be in the rotation for the rest of the season, so not sure we have the bullets.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
Well, our top trading chip has to be in the rotation for the rest of the season, so not sure we have the bullets.

I really, really hope that Hudson being forced into the rotation saves us from ourselves with Hudson.

That being said, it could cost us Viciedo ultimately.

I really want no part of trying to get Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)

What if we could lock him up for an extension? Would you feel the same way? Konerko might not be back after this year and Dunn is still pretty young.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
What if we could lock him up for an extension? Would you feel the same way? Konerko might not be back after this year and Dunn is still pretty young.

Depends on what that extension is, honestly.

That would make me feel better about it, but I don't want to give him some 3/$45 deal or anything.

From all accounts, no chance Dunn signs an extension if he's going to end up being a DH. If you sign him, it's probably goodbye to Paul Konerko, which means you have to keep Viciedo. We just don't have the bullets to acquire a top guy right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
I really, really hope that Hudson being forced into the rotation saves us from ourselves with Hudson.

That being said, it could cost us Viciedo ultimately.

The price tag was apparently Quentin, Beckham +prospect.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
I'm telling you, KW just needs to hang up the phone with Washington. It's not worth going after Dunn, especially if he's going to be unhappy.

Yeah, I agree...I really want us to find out what the DBacks want for Kelly Johnson.

But my guess is that would be Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Yeah, I agree...I really want us to find out what the DBacks want for Kelly Johnson.

But my guess is that would be Gordon Beckham.

Rizzo's on a power trip, as he doesn't want to hurt the momentum the Nationals have going by trading Dunn without getting big names back.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Back to Laroche, Fielder, and Berkman.

For as little sense as a Fielder trade made last week it makes even less sense since Peavy went down. Really can't afford to be trading away major league pitching right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I think Fielder is unattainable for this club. I'd focus on Berkman and LaRoche, in that order.

I'd actually reverse that order since Laroche is younger and rakes in the 2nd half each year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I'd actually reverse that order since Laroche is younger and rakes in the 2nd half each year.

Fair enough. Either one is a big upgrade at DH from what we have now. I just think Berkman will outproduce LaRoche, but I could very well be wrong.

LaRoche would be a lot cheaper monetarily. Berkman is still due about $7M the rest of the way ($14.5M this year) + $2M buyout and that's assuming he drops the caveat that his $15M option must be picked up if traded. LaRoche will only make a little over $2M the rest of the way ($4.5M this year) +$1.5M buyout. It's also going to be tough for the Astros to sell to the fanbase on trading Berkman at a relatively low price especially with the way he's heating up, he is an All-Time Astros great.