White Sox vs Royals - 7:10 PM

Chisoxfn

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the biggest test of the season for the Sox. If they beat Greinke, they can atleast begin to show that their domination of the NL wasn't a fluke, they win their first series back against the AL on the road, and it absolutely adds to the confidence of the team.

I actually have quite a bit of faith that they'll pull off the win, but that's mostly because I think they'll scratch a couple runs across the board and Peavy will continue to be awesome.

It's also about time Pierre goes on one of his little 15 game stretches of adequacy. .222/.309/.264/.573 in his last 19 games (18 starts).

Really need this one, and it should certainly be a great pitching matchup. It's going to be tough sledding in Texas with how they are playing right now and we know either Minnesota or Detroit will win today.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Zack is back on track.

His last 5 games, he's given up 4, 6, 3, 3, and 1 run, with that first 3 being a 9 inning, 12 k complete game. He's been good the last 3 games but no where near last year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
Damn it, why does Ozzie ALWAYS play Kotsay?

Who would you rather be playing today?

I hate how people continually do this.

Alexei would be lost against Greinke, Jones has been beyond brutal and our other option is Lillibridge.

On June 2nd, Kotsay's OPS reached .643, which was the lowest it had been in 10 days (it got to .638 on May 24th, raised to .733 within 2 games, only to plummet back down to that low point). Since that point in time, which consists of 58 plate appearances, Kotsay has put up a .271/.397/.438/.834 line. So, small sample size and all, I don't have a huge issue with Ozzie playing Kotsay right now, especially since he isn't hitting high in the order.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
On June 2nd, Kotsay's OPS reached .643, which was the lowest it had been in 10 days (it got to .638 on May 24th, raised to .733 within 2 games, only to plummet back down to that low point). Since that point in time, which consists of 58 plate appearances, Kotsay has put up a .271/.397/.438/.834 line. So, small sample size and all, I don't have a huge issue with Ozzie playing Kotsay right now, especially since he isn't hitting high in the order.

Yeah, hitting him 6th is smart while he's hot too. At least give teams A LITTLE to think about when Q is up there in the 5 spot (although still, nobody is going to throw Q a meatball because Kotsay is behind him, but at least with Kotsay hot you can't just ignore him).

Edited by whitesoxfan101