White Sox vs Royals - 7:10 PM

Chisoxfn

^The problem is, Jones has been so damn bad recently that Kotsay's actually a better option right now.

Down the road, Jones is probably a better choice, because he's most likely going to start hitting better.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:39 PM)
^The problem is, Jones has been so damn bad recently that Kotsay's actually a better option right now.

Down the road, Jones is probably a better choice, because he's most likely going to start hitting better.

I'll take that, and in the meantime, Hot Fire can just DH, with Vizquel at 3B. I have no gripes w/ that.

maybe they should sit PK against KC. He's 2-30 against them this year. It's likely going to be a small ball low scoring game. I wouldn't have minded Kotsay at 1b and someone else giving it a go in Konerko's spot. Of course now that I suggested that, PK will go 3-4 with a HR and a double.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
I'll take that, and in the meantime, Hot Fire can just DH, with Vizquel at 3B. I have no gripes w/ that.

I think we all have the right to dream, but to quote Mean Girls, "Joe, stop trying to make Hot Fire happen! It's not going to happen!"

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)

Hot fire is never going to take, and Omar is not an every day player.

Has Andruw been all that useful since May 1?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Is Kotsay an everyday player?

No. Both should be bench players. But Jones has sucked hard since about Cinco de Mayo. Kotsay has sucked less.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
No. Both should be bench players. But Jones has sucked hard since about Cinco de Mayo. Kotsay has sucked less.

And overall, Jones has sucked less. I don't see why Jones couldn't do he he did in April again, when is actually playing every day and not 3 times a week. Consistence play = consistent results. Play them both every day, and there is no doubt in my mind that Jones wins that battle.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
And overall, Jones has sucked less. I don't see why Jones couldn't do he he did in April again, when is actually playing every day and not 3 times a week. Consistence play = consistent results. Play them both every day, and there is no doubt in my mind that Jones wins that battle.

Jones has simply looked terrible at the plate.

It wouldn't bother me if we never faced Billy Butler again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
What is Peavy doing out there? He's just throwing 91 mph fastballs down the plate, and throwing the 3-2 fastball to Butler there was just stupid as hell.

Yeah, not looking particularly sharp tonight...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
Yeah, not looking particularly sharp tonight...

He's missing on every fastball he tries to throw on the outside corner to righties/inside to lefties. He also doesn't look comfortable with his slider.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
He's missing on every fastball he tries to throw on the outside corner to righties/inside to lefties. He also doesn't look comfortable with his slider.

He'll get comfortable...he just seems to struggle in the first inning...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Whew, ugliest one run inning you'll see. Hopefully Peavy gets it going, cause we can't give up too many more runs and expect to win.

I have a feeling we are going to get to Zack tonight actually...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
Anyone else already feel resigned to the fact that we're not getting Dunn?

I think there are a few of us here that don't particularly want him at the supposed price they're asking...