GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
That's what worries me about Beckham...he has no power or carry on any of his fly balls. So far this year, he looks physically overmatched.

But he has before had carry on his contact. Last year does allow for some projection. I think he is too coachable of a kid and allowed himself to get caught up in the tinkering game. Lets fix something that isnt broke.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
"I'll tell you what Stone Pony, Carlos Quentin plays a fantastic right field. He made a catch that is as good as I've seen since Jim Rice in right field".

I don't think he is flat out terrible, but he just seems to get caught in between on a lot of balls. Like, he gets to a ball and then overruns it, misjudges a bounce or bobbles it.

...maybe he is just terrible.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
Beckham for Bruce? Sign me up. That Brandon Phillips guy kinda gets in the way, though.

Hey, hey, hey.. stop putting post that weren't posted on the screen bro. :P

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
My biggest problem with Hawk now is he's too into his own schtick. He doesn't just announce the game enough, he almost think he has to be "Hawk" at all times.

I said nearly that same exact thing a couple pages back. I often wonder what he sounded like around 20 years ago.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:37 AM)
I don't think he is flat out terrible, but he just seems to get caught between on a lot of balls. Like, he gets to a ball and then overruns it, misjudges a bounce or bobbles it.

...maybe he is just terrible.

And he does a terrible job at charging the ball and throwing quickly. That's similar to Dye, who never threw out runners even though he had a pretty good arm.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
My biggest problem with Hawk now is he's too into his own schtick. He doesn't just announce the game enough, he almost think he has to be "Hawk" at all times.

I agree with you but with the current forms of media on tv he does not need to inform the viewers of what they had to as recently as five years ago

kotsay guaranteed another 200 AB's with that

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
I said the other day that between Dye and CQ that I've been scarred for life as far as RF defense goes.

Think about it...we didn't even complain when Jayson Nix was playing RF in a game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
And he does a terrible job at charging the ball and throwing quickly. That's similar to Dye, who never threw out runners even though he had a pretty good arm.

He also has a bad habit of throwing the ball into home and over throwing the cutoff man and allowing the trailer to get into second. It sets up a longer rally for the opposition.

When Lexi's going good he finds those holes a lot.

It's pretty bad when you know who is at the plate and it's Kotsay and he hits it good, you know it ain't going out.

Did Hawk get excited when it left the bat? True Sox fans knew no chance of HR.