GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:23 AM)
I have no faith in our own development of young players. We could take some of those wonderful young players and specs and turn them into hot s*** in a year and a half with our organization.

And then blame those players for thinking too much

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
How do you just not drool over this Ranger organization right now? I'd give up anybody on our team for any one of Hamilton, Smoak, Andrus and Feliz. Then you've got Perez and Scheppers in the minors. Nasty.

Meh.. not quite the farm I would "drool" over, though they are very good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
And then blame those players for thinking too much

We seem like the only organization out there that just always blames the players, when at some point we need to realize it's the fault of the people who keep drafting, signing, and attempting to develop/maintain these players.

Thatta boy PK.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Meh.. not quite the farm I would "drool" over, though they are very good.

I meant the organization as a whole. A combination of what they already have up and what's waiting in the wings. Only Tampa, IMO, is in the same class.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Very nice, tied it! Now let's get the Rios caught stealing out of the way, and hope our bullpen can shut them down.

I get a kick out of managers who pitch out and pick Ozzies wide open pocket on the automatic "hes going" man on first and two outs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:26 AM)
We seem like the only organization out there that just always blames the players, when at some point we need to realize it's the fault of the people who keep drafting, signing, and attempting to develop/maintain these players.

yep, give it another year, and I wouldn't be shocked if KW is looking to deal Beckham. We'll then hear about his partying ways and unwillingness to follow Walker's direction.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
I meant the organization as a whole. A combination of what they already have up and what's waiting in the wings. Only Tampa, IMO, is in the same class.

Gotcha. :D