GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)
Hey fathom, enjoy the last 3 innings of the Cubs game today? It's frightening to think we don't even have the worst offense in our own city.

Yes, that was insane. Some great patience by the Reds hitters. I don't know why the Cubs won't fire Piniella. He obviously doesn't want to be there.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Yes, that was insane. Some great patience by the Reds hitters. I don't know why the Cubs won't fire Piniella. He obviously doesn't want to be there.

It's incredibly obvious that he has checked out. I don't really blame him. That team is a disaster.

The Reds uprising I've been prediciting for a few years now might finally be happening. If they can just get a little better work from their bullpen, they could be in the playoffs.

It seems like Gordon just gets no carry on flyballs to the outfied. Combine that with his issues on high pitches, and I wonder if there is some sort of injury which is hurting his bat speed and general strength right now. Anybody who sees me post knows I'm critical of Beckham and don't make excuses for him, but I wonder that sometimes.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I really hope that if the Sox do trade guys like Hudson and Flowers, it's for someone that will be around next season. I'd hate to put all our eggs into this season, as it's hard to win with so many underachieving players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)

At this point, he probably sells some tickets because of his name, and there's no reason to pay the salary of a 2nd manager, it's not like someone else is going to win that division this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
I really hope that if the Sox do trade guys like Hudson and Flowers, it's for someone that will be around next season. I'd hate to put all our eggs into this season, as it's hard to win with so many underachieving players.

fathom, KW knows he can't dump those guys without a significant return. That would totally screw this team going forward. Then again, if Flowers, Hudson and Sale are bad -- we are screwed anyway.

Firing Lou is kind of pointless now because they're not going anywhere anyways and his contract is up, he just won't be back in 2011. What's interesting to see is if the Ricketts' have enough money to fire Jim Hendry.

Nice play Gordo. We can live with your defense though since you have such a hot bat.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:41 AM)
fathom, KW knows he can't dump those guys without a significant return. That would totally screw this team going forward. Then again, if Flowers, Hudson and Sale are bad -- we are screwed anyway.

Yes, but what KW considers a significant return might be different than what we would (ie: 3 months of Adam Dunn is not a sig return)