GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:57 AM)
Well not only that, but there is a lot of unhappiness among important people in our organization right now.

This is not the season for an 81 win team. Either have them in contention all season, or let them fall out of the race in the next few weeks.

Crap, looks like Quentin forgot how to stay balanced at the plate.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
fathom, have you gone to any games this year?

If so, how do you handle watching this team in person?

Been to 5...I'm very calm at them, to be honest. They're also 4-1 at the games I've been at.

I have no freaking idea how this team went 15-3 against the NL. I know the NL sucks (although not as badly this year) and we had some weak competition, but this team just does not have the offense to put up stretches like that. Certainly not against AL offenses because we just won't get the pitching against them that we did against the NL. If we're going to add a bat, it'd better be a big one and we'd better do it soon if contention is on our minds.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:03 AM)
I have no freaking idea how this team went 15-3 against the NL. I know the NL sucks (although not as badly this year) and we had some weak competition, but this team just does not have the offense to put up stretches like that. Certainly not against AL offenses because we just won't get the pitching against them that we did against the NL. If we're going to add a bat, it'd better be a big one and we'd better do it soon if contention is on our minds.

We played 4 series against terrible teams, and we played our best series of the year against the Braves (who are much better at home).

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Beckham's performance this year has seriously f***ed this team over. The offense would look so much better if he played up to his ability.

The offense would also look better if we had an actual DH and not a pinch hitter/replacement player in that spot day in and day out.

Man I have a feeling I'm going to feel sorry for all of our SP in this stretch. This is a typical Texas game. I think it was fathom who said he wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 1 run in 2/3 here (the other game a blowout from whomever) which is usually the case. Mark, your probably gonna lose that bet... though other than Greinke being left in too long, and Greg..... you haven't had a good couple of weeks and your posting has been unbearable to read in game threads lately. :D

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
The offense would also look better if we had an actual DH and not a pinch hitter/replacement player in that spot day in and day out.

ssi71, the offense would still be subpar even with Dunn/Berkman/LaRoche. The addition of a real DH and a good Beckham would bring our offense back to respectability.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
Man I have a feeling I'm going to feel sorry for all of our SP in this stretch. This is a typical Texas game. I think it was fathom who said he wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 1 run in 2/3 here (the other game a blowout from whomever) which is usually the case. Mark, your probably gonna lose that bet... though other than Greinke being left in too long, and Greg..... you haven't had a good couple of weeks and your posting has been unbearable to read in game threads lately. :D

I pushed a bet tonight that was awful...under 7 in Atl/Florida. Two blown saves took away a sure win.