GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
You mean somebody like Vlad?

Vlad would of been nice. I wanted Vlad over the winter, however someone decided that we were moved to the NL and its not 2010 and we dont play in the Cell.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Man I have a feeling I'm going to feel sorry for all of our SP in this stretch. This is a typical Texas game. I think it was fathom who said he wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 1 run in 2/3 here (the other game a blowout from whomever) which is usually the case. Mark, your probably gonna lose that bet... though other than Greinke being left in too long, and Greg..... you haven't had a good couple of weeks and your posting has been unbearable to read in game threads lately. :D

Oh you are just begging for a suspension, G.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
ssi71, the offense would still be subpar even with Dunn/Berkman/LaRoche. The addition of a real DH and a good Beckham would bring our offense back to respectability.

The DH in the American League has a higher impact to the offense than a sophmore 2nd baseman. We decided to retard our offense by putting a subpar hitter in an offensive position.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Freddy 3 runs in six innings would be a good outing.

Man he throws soft though.

He's had another quality start. Not his fault his offense can't give him run support. Welcome to the Danks world Freddy.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Oh you are just begging for a suspension, G.

I ain't afraid of Mods brother. :)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:12 AM)
The DH in the American League has a higher impact to the offense than a sophmore 2nd baseman. We decided to retard our offense by putting a subpar hitter in an offensive position.

SSI, stop picking on Kotsay/Jones. That position won't make or break this offense! And if it does, don't worry, it's SUPER easy to obtain offensive help at the deadline.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Morneau won't win, as his power numbers won't be high enough.

I remember in '08 you said Hamilton might be the most talented player in baseball. I thought you were huffin' paint. But it might be true. As long as he's sober, of course.

The posts in the KC series? Standing up for Pods, etc?

I don't know why people get so worked up. I agree with all of you that the 11-game win streak didn't make me drink the kool aid, though it was impressive and fun.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Only the Sox could make an 11 game winning streak not 100 percent enjoyable. :lol:

Because I think everyone is expecting them to go 4-9 after that and go into the break about 5 out and at .500 instead of actually playing good the rest of the way. The pitching was not going to keep it up in the AL. NL teams were using the PH as a DH which is what the Sox do nightly.

Who knows.. perhaps KW might see where this team truly stands before July 31st. Not giving up the hope though, but Texas and I think LAA, then KC who we've had trouble with is gonna be an interesting stretch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:14 AM)
I remember in '08 you said Hamilton might be the most talented player in baseball. I thought you were huffin' paint. But it might be true. As long as he's sober, of course.

I really wanted the Sox to trade for him, but then I was scared to death when the Cubs were trying to "re-acquire" him. My brother was around Hamilton a lot a few years ago, and has some very fascinating stories about him.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
Because I think everyone is expecting them to go 4-9 after that and go into the break about 5 out and at .500 instead of actually playing good the rest of the way. The pitching was not going to keep it up in the AL. NL teams were using the PH as a DH which is what the Sox do nightly.

Exactly. We'd be a really good NL team. That's not a great strategy when you play 144 against the AL though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:17 AM)
Exactly. We'd be a really good NL team. That's not a great strategy when you play 144 against the AL though.

Ozzie would make an excellent NL manager, and I'm not even saying that to be mean.