GT - 7/2/10 - Sox in Arlington 7:05 CT

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
The DH in the American League has a higher impact to the offense than a sophmore 2nd baseman. We decided to retard our offense by putting a subpar hitter in an offensive position.

The fact that Beckham plays 2nd and is in his second year really doesn't mean anything. If he had picked up this season where he had left off last year, the impact would be significant.

My point is that the offensive numbers for the White Sox would likely stay in the lower half of the AL even with the addition of a legit DH before the deadline, because Beckham is an absolute black hole.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Soft liner over Andrus' head by 5 inches.

I thought it was hit hard.

This is where we are screwed though as Omar is not the type of player to extend the rally. The best thing he may do is make a productive out here which is not what is needed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Ozzie would make an excellent NL manager, and I'm not even saying that to be mean.

Absolutely agree 100 percent. I don't think he'll ever be much of a manager in the AL though, although he always has that ring to argue otherwise I suppose.

Yuck Omar.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
I really wanted the Sox to trade for him, but then I was scared to death when the Cubs were trying to "re-acquire" him. My brother was around Hamilton a lot a few years ago, and has some very fascinating stories about him.

How do you just not drool over this Ranger organization right now? I'd give up anybody on our team for any one of Hamilton, Smoak, Andrus and Feliz. Then you've got Perez and Scheppers in the minors. Nasty.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
How do you just not drool over this Ranger organization right now? I'd give up anybody on our team for any one of Hamilton, Smoak, Andrus and Feliz. Then you've got Perez and Scheppers in the minors. Nasty.

I have no faith in our own development of young players. We could take some of those wonderful young players and specs and turn them into hot s*** in a year and a half with our organization.

Edited by southsideirish71