AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

awesome win, Freddy continues to amaze me, for a 5th starter to give three runs up against that line-up is very good, pen is so solid right now...

Rios continues and I was really writing the post in my head to rip on Kotsay and he proved me wrong!

Great win considering everyday is going to be a crapshoot with the weather situation down there.

veeeeery nice! didn't think they'd get this one.

Sweaty Freddy, you make me so nervous, yet you can't stop succeeding for us. I wish to continue being wrong about you.

Think Andrus gets plunked tomorrow, or did his struggles exempt him?

Great win. If the Sox cared about message board wackos they would give many of us the finger for doubting them most of the game in the game thread.

Kotsay - yes, way to get a big hit after a lot of s***ty outs. You da man tonight. Have a beer.

Freddy - Wow. What a great No. 5 starter. Some of those slow pitches, I can't believe they get people out, but they do.

Rios - So consistent. Tough luck on that liner to center.

Thornton - Heat.

Putz - Nice. Way to bounce back after the walk and ball one to the second batter for five balls in a row.

Pierre - Three hits is always good. No. 4 would have been special. Wasn't to be.

Beckham - Hits are always good.

Alexei - 3 hits? Finding the holes on the grounders between third and short ... me likes them.

CQ - Four outs, but got hit by the pitch.

Good win.

Good pitching and just enough offense. It's been the common formula in a lot of our wins, and we're just going to have to hope it's a formula succesful enough to win this division. Freddy has done a wonderful job this year, and so have the important guys in our bullpen.

TMK!

BTW, that ball Vlad hit that Rios almost got to really shows just how much range Alex has. There's only a couple of CFers that can get remotely close to a ball like that.

And Hamilton's play in the 9th...that wasn't the best read and he should have trapped the ball instead of trying to deflect it to Borbon.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
TMK!

BTW, that ball Vlad hit that Rios almost got to really shows just how much range Alex has. There's only a couple of CFers that can get remotely close to a ball like that.

And Hamilton's play in the 9th...that wasn't the best read and he should have trapped the ball instead of trying to deflect it to Borbon.

I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like the ball deflected off his face to Borbon so unless he plays soccer in his spare time, I doubt he was trying to do much of anything. Or maybe I just need to watch the replay again :lolhitting

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like the ball deflected off his face to Borbon so unless he plays soccer in his spare time, I doubt he was trying to do much of anything. Or maybe I just need to watch the replay again :lolhitting

It would have been funnier if it went off his face.