GT - 7/3/10 - Pale Hose @ Alex 7:05 CT

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
When will KW and Ozzie be smart enough to DFA Jones? He's such a waste of a roster spot right now. This team is going to have to start hitting the long ball again.

Yeah Jones has to go, and Beckham really should be in the minors right now. We almost have no choice but to play Kotsay right now in some form, this offense is just not at an acceptable level.

As for the offense, single single single single. Yawn. We can talk about athleticism and and not striking out all we want, but there has to be power if you're going score runs consistently, and we only have three legitimate threats in that department.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Things I don't understand tonight...

Why the rotating DH keeps being "Kotsay/Jones" and we never keep Quentin or Konerko actually in the lineup by putting them at DH

It's s*** like this that Ozzie does that's maddening.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
When will KW and Ozzie be smart enough to DFA Jones? He's such a waste of a roster spot right now. This team is going to have to start hitting the long ball again.

Agreed. I am starting to get concerned about the loss of the HR on this team. Can they keep scoring enough runs every day without it? I really doubt it.

Andruw is literally an automatic out if you throw it down and away. No chance.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
Agreed. I am starting to get concerned about the loss of the HR on this team. Can they keep scoring enough runs every day without it? I really doubt it.

It's really hard to score enough runs on a consistent basis without power unless you have high on base, high speed guys up and down the lineup. And we don't.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Jones is the worst player in baseball.

It simply baffles me why Dye wouldn't agree to be a DH. He's rather sit on his ass doing nothing and counting his money instead of getting a mill a year DHing in the Big Leagues. Stupid of these rich big leaguers to have that much pride.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Jones is quickly turning into our of my least favorite players on the Sox in a long time. He simply has no plan at the plate before flying open and looking pathetic. Sorry Andruw, you suck without steroids.

Definitely. Kotsay was mine before, but he has at least come up with more clutch hits and walks on a consistent basis. He sucks....but he isn't an automatic out up there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
We have 19 hits in this series: 18 singles, and a bloop double by Kotsay. In the 3 games in KC, we had 26 hits: 20 of which were singles. So overall on the trip, we have 45 hits, 38 of which are singles.

That sounds like a losing road trip to me.