GT - 7/3/10 - Pale Hose @ Alex 7:05 CT

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
How in the hell can we not hit this pitcher? Also, I don't think it's possible for Viciedo to hit an inside fastball with authority. Once again, another Sox prospect with a huge hole in his swing.

You know better than to diagnose the guy after 25 ABs

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
How in the hell can we not hit this pitcher? Also, I don't think it's possible for Viciedo to hit an inside fastball with authority. Once again, another Sox prospect with a huge hole in his swing.

I have no idea what our instructors do in the minors besides play cards and feed. They obviously don't fix mechanical issues, an they sure as hell don't instruct how to play baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Beckham is the biggest bust in all of baseball this season. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no guarantee he turns it around. It's times like this I wish we had someone different as our hitting coach.

I think it's pretty clear he has major confidence problems. I'm not sure letting him continue to fail here is doing him any good.

Sorry shack, for someone reason my reply button isn't working. You can just tell by Viciedo's swing that he cannot get the bat head out in time for inside fastballs. If it's outside, he can mash it. I'd love to know where his home runs went in AAA this season, by direction.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Sorry shack, for someone reason my reply button isn't working. You can just tell by Viciedo's swing that he cannot get the bat head out in time for inside fastballs. If it's outside, he can mash it. I'd love to know where his home runs went in AAA this season, by direction.

I respect your opinion Fath, but there are a whole lot of other people saying the kid is going to hit...I'm sure he has some flaws to fix, but he's 21 (allegedly). Let's hope he can tighten them up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
That's true 101, but we've spent a lot of resources on Linebrink and Pena, which makes it disappointing to have them become worthless.

Exactly, that's what makes our issue at that part of the bullpen particularly painful.

That was bad right there by us being willing to trade the 2 outs for 1 run. We simply can't afford to do that with this offense, particularly with only 6 outs left and already being down a couple beforehand.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
This might be the most boring game of the season, even the runs against us have been boring. At least Buehrle is pitching tomorrow, and we know how he dominates in Texas!!

And those damn flashing lights!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
This team even during its streak has done nothing to prove to me that it doesn't need another bat as soon as possible.

I don't think anyone would argue with you. This team needs a bat and badly.