GT - 7/3/10 - Pale Hose @ Alex 7:05 CT

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like our hitters are 98 pound weaklings. It's the total opposite of steroid ball. It's like our guys are biddy ballers.

No pop in the bats at all.

We got rid of Randy Williams.

Hopefully Jones will be next. Then somebody to relegate Kotsay to PH duties.

Jimmy Thome, please come back. Please come back.

Greg, that's just too funny you're begging Thome to return. It's days like today that make Ozzie look even dumber.

Why I never wanted to run Jimmy Thome out of town. I liked him. It was obvious we needed him if we were gonna go with the moronic combo of Kotsay/Jones at DH.

Sqwert...what really sucks is we're going to have to give up one or two of the few prospects we have in order to acquire more hitting, when all KW had to do is tell Ozzie to STFU and sign Thome. Thome's OPS is approaching 1

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
I wouldn't call it a tough luck loss. We are getting what we deserve so far with the punch and Judy hitters.

I don't really care what you would call it.

We've got 9 hits, stranded 7, and Johnny pitched a solid game against a good-hitting team. It has been there for the taking. Our bloops just aren't find holes like theirs are.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Rotating DH of Kotsay and Jones...great idea or the greatest idea?

Haha well put, and with a nice sarcastic overtone. There was literally no scenario under which that idea would work for a full season. As dumb as it gets.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
I don't really care what you would call it.

We've got 9 hits, stranded 7, and Johnny pitched a solid game against a good-hitting team. It has been there for the taking. Our bloops just aren't find holes like theirs are.

9 hits are just not going to get you anywhere when none are extra base hits and you haven't walked at all. It's hard to be that upset when you can count the amount of hard hit balls you have for the night on one hand.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Sqwert...what really sucks is we're going to have to give up one or two of the few prospects we have in order to acquire more hitting, when all KW had to do is tell Ozzie to STFU and sign Thome. Thome's OPS is approaching 1

This is the part of this i've dreaded the most ever since the Thome debacle. Kotsay/Jones was never going to work, now we've put ourselves into a position to lose talent that we didn't have to.