GT - 7/3/10 - Pale Hose @ Alex 7:05 CT

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
I would have let Viciedo bat and PH for Beckham. Beckham is a f***ing awful, awful player.

Well yeah. The two choices that inning were pinch hit Q for AJ and pinch hit Q for Beckham, and Ozzie chose pinch hit Q for Dayan.

Ron Washington shoved his vile of coke straight up Ozzie's ass tonight.

Have you ever watched a game we lost and not blamed the manager? That is all.

You wanted CQ to pinch hit in the seventh inning as I recall didn't you? yeah we should pinch hit for everybody.

Our lineup sucks. Is it that hard to fathom??

We lose. Ozzie sucks. On to the next game where maybe we win and Ozzie that day only sucks a little.

Edited by greg775

Greg, Ozzie was the one who started Jones. Ozzie was the one who brought in the struggling Pena in a 2 run game. Ozzie let Jones bat in the 8th as the tying run. Ozzie let Washington dictate all the moves in the 8th to his advantage. Ozzie decided to have CQ bat for Viciedo, who at least has power, and decided to let one of the weakest hitters in baseball (Beckham) bat. This was a terribly managed game by someone's who ego has KILLED this offense. Thome has more extra base hits today than we've had in a month, it seems.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)

You wanted CQ to pinch hit in the seventh inning as I recall didn't you? yeah we should pinch hit for everybody.

Ozzie was awful tonight, you know that was well as everybody else. Q should have pinch hit for Jones earlier yes, but that was botched. Then, when he finally does pinch hit, it's for the wrong guy. And part of the reason they had the 3rd run was playing the infield back in the late innings with your team having a bad offense.

Just a litany of mistakes by Oz tonight, but it's not entirely his fault we lost. If we excuted man on 3rd, 1 out situations, we'd have had two more runs. So it was really a team effort of mistakes tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)

We lose. Ozzie sucks. On to the next game where maybe we win and Ozzie that day only sucks a little.

Well, he's part of the reason why it sucks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
I don't know if anyone else heard the radio version of tonight, but apparently TCQ has a sore elbow, which is why he didn't start tonight.

Probably from getting hit last night.

Well, he's part of the reason why it sucks.

Fine if you want to blame Ozzie for the roster, do so. And do so again and again and again.

But he's got to play these guys that are on the roster.

I said before the game the last 5 guys in the order wouldn't scare any pitcher.

So what? That's the roster we have.

You can nitpick all you want about who should pinch hit and when. Ozzie didn't do anythng that cost this s*** ass offensive team the game tonight.

Jones is on the team. He's going to play some games.

CQ apparently had a bum elbow.

Blaming the manager is so funny after losses. The manager never gets credit for moves during a win, except the easy cop out, "Oz managed a great game tonight."

Uh yeah, you win it's a well managed game; lose and a poorly managed game.

I wish you guys could get your wish and get Ozzie fired. You'd all be so much happier until a loss when you could pinpoint 10 moves the new manager messed up on.

For a while, though, you could still blame Ozzie for not wanting Thome and thus the new manager would have an Ozzie driven roster that can't hit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
I don't know if anyone else heard the radio version of tonight, but apparently TCQ has a sore elbow, which is why he didn't start tonight.

Well that excuses not starting him obviously (although I don't think that was the issue people had, you have to play Andruw here and there if he's on the roster, which is why he shouldn't be on the roster). He was used as a pinch hitter though, which means he was available, and means that Ozzie still used him in the wrong spot.