Your 2010 White Sox All Star- Matt Thornton

smalls2598

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f*** this. I am really upset right now. Rios deserves this. I know he's made the team a couple times before, but I'd have to imagine that making the team would have meant something to him after all his struggles last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Beltre not making it is just as bad, IMO. That dude has been spectacular.

Yeah, he has been having a really spectacular year, even though he is playing above his head. f*** it, I hope neither Beltre or Votto make the teams, and that they both end up winning their league's MVP award, just show how f***ing stupid the all-star game is.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

The NL Player Ballot seems reasonable, but the players in the AL are just as f***ing dumb as the fans. And Charlie Manuel is an idiot. I'd figure retarded selections from JERRY Manuel, but not Charlie.

Girardi didn't build the best team either.

I just voted as much as I could for now for PK. I know were up against Yankee fans and Red Sox fans. We did it for Pods and we did it for AJ. We can do it again for Paulie. Who cares who were competing against.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
I just voted as much as I could for now for PK. I know were up against Yankee fans and Red Sox fans. We did it for Pods and we did it for AJ. We can do it again for Paulie. Who cares who were competing against.

This team deserves at least two all-stars, that much I do know.

Alex Rios is far more deserving than Torii Hunter and Vernon Wells. Hunter isn't that terrible of a selection, but Wells has no business on the team.

John Buck is the reserve catcher? Seriously!?!?!? Is Mauer the only good catcher in the whole AL?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Alex Rios is far more deserving than Torii Hunter and Vernon Wells. Hunter isn't that terrible of a selection, but Wells has no business on the team.

John Buck is the reserve catcher? Seriously!?!?!? Is Mauer the only good catcher in the whole AL?

Those two are actually the exact same player.

Both at 2.4 WAR. Both hitting relatively similar, both used to be good at defense, and both are overpaid.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)

It isn't exactly hard to make the team as a catcher. A.J. does happen to be a two time all star afterall.

Out of everyone, why did they have to take Thornton? He's the guy who could really use the 3 days of rest, along with Rios.

I wouldn't worry about that. Cal Ripken could have used the days off all those years and it didn't bother him.

This puts pressure on the Sox to make Thornton the full time closer doesn't it? Baseball is proclaiming him more important/impressive than Jenks.

Didn't they expand the rosters big-time a few years ago? Even with that Rios/Paulie get snubbed?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
I wouldn't worry about that. Cal Ripken could have used the days off all those years and it didn't bother him.

This puts pressure on the Sox to make Thornton the full time closer doesn't it? Baseball is proclaiming him more important/impressive than Jenks.

Didn't they expand the rosters big-time a few years ago? Even with that Rios/Paulie get snubbed?

Cal Ripken wasn't a pitcher who threw 97 MPH and had to get fluid drained from his pitching elbow.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
I still wouldn't stress about it. I'm sure he's thrilled to make the team and I doubt these guys are firing fastballs all week leading to the game.

They probably aren't. But we have a huge series with Minnesota following the break and we need Thornton to be well rested.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
They probably aren't. But we have a huge series with Minnesota following the break and we need Thornton to be well rested.

He probably wont even pitch and if he does 1 inning is not going to kill him.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
Victor Martinez would have made it if he wasn't on the DL.

I understand Victor Martinez would have been the reserve if he wasn't injured (I'd consider him more of a DH than a C though)... but outside of Mauer and Martinez, there isn't a catcher in the AL better than Buck (and his .270 BA and .310 OBP) this season?