Prince Fielder Speculation

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
It sure as hell ain't Beckham and Hudson. No f***ing way. Especially now that they're serious doubts that Peavy will ever be the same again.

Frankly, if I were the Brewers, that's the kind of package I'd expect for Fielder.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Frankly, if I were the Brewers, that's the kind of package I'd expect for Fielder.

Like I said, I don't blame the Brewers. Doesn't mean we have to be stupid. We don't exactly have the talent that teams like Tampa and Texas has oozing out of their systems.

The Brewers should ask for pitching only. Hudson, Santos, and whoever is our #2 picthcing propsect is what i'd ask for if I was them. If I was KW i'd still rather try and pry Hart from them. To me, he makes the Sox better defensively and offensively and will cost alot less.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
The Brewers should ask for pitching only. Hudson, Santos, and whoever is our #2 picthcing propsect is what i'd ask for if I was them. If I was KW i'd still rather try and pry Hart from them. To me, he makes the Sox better defensively and offensively and will cost alot less.

Our #2 pitching prospect after Hudson? Yeesh.

That's basically Sale, and he can't be traded until December even as a PTBNL. Beyond him....wow. That's bleak.

Supposedly, when the Giants asked about Hart, the starting point was either Jonathan Sanchez or Madison Baumgartner

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
It sure as hell ain't Beckham and Hudson. No f***ing way. Especially now that they're serious doubts that Peavy will ever be the same again.

I think ptatc said that Jake should have a full recovery. His surgery went really well too. People need to stop freaking out about him. If he had injured his elbow or shoulder, there would be much more reason to worry.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
I think ptatc said that Jake should have a full recovery. His surgery went really well too. People need to stop freaking out about him. If he had injured his elbow or shoulder, there would be much more reason to worry.

I love the information ptatc provides. With that said, seeing is believing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)

That is ridiculous. The injured muscle, which has now been repaired, is a decelerator. It will have very little to do with effective pitching mechanics.

No reason to think Peavy won't fully recover.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
That is ridiculous. The injured muscle, which has now been repaired, is a decelerator. It will have very little to do with effective pitching mechanics.

No reason to think Peavy won't fully recover.

I mostly agree but there's a reason he snapped the muscle off the bone, and it's irrelevant as to what that muscle does or doesn't do. Point of fact, he snapped it off the bone while pitching. Meaning something he does, or has been doing BECAUSE OF PITCHING, caused this injury.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
I mostly agree but there's a reason he snapped the muscle off the bone, and it's irrelevant as to what that muscle does or doesn't do. Point of fact, he snapped it off the bone while pitching. Meaning something he does, or has been doing BECAUSE OF PITCHING, caused this injury.

Thank you.

I don't think you get Fielder unless you give up Viciedo. But, if you can extend Fielder, it's worth the price. Hudson, Torres, Viciedo, Morel, Flowers, maybe Shirek or Leesman or Brandon Short.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
If the Brewers want pitching and they aren't big on Hudson, than shouldn't that just about end talks. We don't have anyone else. Unless a third team is in this too.

Which is why that is identified as being "the problem."

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
If the Brewers want pitching and they aren't big on Hudson, than shouldn't that just about end talks. We don't have anyone else. Unless a third team is in this too.

Viciedo gives them a replacement level player to take Fielder's spot. But, you are right about that, if the Brewers want a lot of pitching in return, this deal won't happen.

3 way trade...

Hudson to milwaukee

Santos to team X for two starting pitching prospects ( who also go to the brewers )

We get fielder

I don't know if it's worth Santos and hudson to get fielder but I think you could do it

discuss