Best Right Feilder in Chicago

cortisonshot

Very interesting debate going on in the Cubs board thread "Best Right Fielder in MLB."

The debate is over WHO is the BEST RIGHT FIELDER in CHICAGO? I have defended Maggs on over 500 posts against those Sammy Lovin Cub Fans. I really do not even see it being close if you compare both of their first 6 1/2 seasons in MLB. Maggs is 300 RBI's ahead and the "intangibles" edge goes to Maggs also because he makes more contact and strikes out much less than Sosa.

Help Needed from Sox Fans - Join the debate on the Cubs Board!

GO TO THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE CUBS MESSAGE BOARD!!!

Just ask Jimmy Piersal...Several times in the past couple of years, he's said he'd take Maggs over Sammy. Period.

He said it when he was a Cub employee and he said it again this week. I didn't hear all his comments this morning, but he's raving about Maggs again on the radio...

Forkit!

Don't drop me from the board but to be honest I would take either guy and be happy. Sammy bloomed late when he added some bulk and strength. Maggs is much better earlier. Still with Sammy we are talking a lot of home runs.

I do wish during one of his hops his shoes would get tangled and he would do a face plant :lol:

I really can't say he sucks on the field or at bat.

Very interesting debate going on in the Cubs board thread  "Best Right Fielder in MLB."

The debate is over WHO is the BEST RIGHT FIELDER in CHICAGO? I have defended Maggs on over 500 posts against those Sammy Lovin Cub Fans. I really do not even see it being close if you compare both of their first 6 1/2 seasons in MLB. Maggs is 300 RBI's ahead and the "intangibles" edge goes to Maggs also because he makes more contact and strikes out much less than Sosa.

Help Needed from Sox Fans - Join the debate on the Cubs Board!

GO TO THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE CUBS MESSAGE BOARD!!!

I've said for the last 3 years that Maggs was the better player. And other then hr's he has been. Don't get me wrong. Sammy is a great player. But I think the hr ball especially in today's gm is a lil overrated. How many of Sosa's hr's come when the Cubs r either losing big or in a very rare case winning big? How many clutch hr's has this guy had? When I think about guys I want up at the plate in a clutch situation I think Bonds, Ichiro, Pujols, Even Maggs. Sosa ain't even in my top 10 in that department...