7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
I am starting to wonder if maybe they DFA Jones, and keep Viciedo around as the RH DH and RH 3B (against Kotsay DH and Teahen 3B). Might not be the worst idea ever, as long as Viciedo is playing at least 50% of the time in total.

That leaves Vizquel as your true backup IF, and Kotsay as the true backup OF, which I'm fine with.

What the hell are they waiting for? The guy has been a disaster for over a month straight.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
What the hell are they waiting for? The guy has been a disaster for over a month straight.

A month isn't a lot, he didn't get a ton of at bats. I can see how they want to be patient, with the talent that guy has. But I think its getting close to the point where patience has to end, when Viciedo seems like he can at least do better than Jones already (more than likely - never know for sure of course).

Rios plays almost every game, so I'm not overly concerned about having Kotsay play CF like 4 times the rest of the year. That would be the only reason I can see why Jones is still around, if he keeps up the awful hitting.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
What does it matter if Kotsay bats 3rd or 5th. I think I'd rather have Q fifth behind Paulie. I mean it's not like Pierre or Alexei gets on base at an amazing clip for the 3 hole hitter.

I prefer not to start out the game with a 1-2-3 first inning.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
The thought of Kotsay or Pierre in CF, even if only a few times, makes me want to cry. I still think we should DFA Jones ASAP, but I wanted to throw that concern out there as a consequence of such a move.

I don't know, Kotsay is below average defensively in CF, but Rios hardly ever sits. Just not a big concern to me.

Not sure how Pierre is out there defensively (CF I mean).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
The thought of Kotsay or Pierre in CF, even if only a few times, makes me want to cry. I still think we should DFA Jones ASAP, but I wanted to throw that concern out there as a consequence of such a move.

I can live with Pierre, but Kotsay? :chair

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
I don't know, Kotsay is below average defensively in CF, but Rios hardly ever sits. Just not a big concern to me.

Not sure how Pierre is out there defensively (CF I mean).

Fair enough. I bet the fact that Jones can play CF is the excuse the Sox would give you as to why he's still here though. He is absolutely dead weight and needs to go, you can't have a guy like that on your team, especially in a race this tight.

EDIT: I like Kalapse's idea of Lillibridge in CF a lot better than the other potential options. Although it's still not a great choice.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

lets see why kotsay is hitting third?

1.) were always going to keep paulie hitting 4th

2.) Quentin has been hot hitting where he has so why change that.

3.) Rios needs day off

4.) It's only July so when august and september comes hopefully were not tired and out of gas.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
There's 2 reasons Andruw Jones is still around....399 and 400

The Sox won't sell any extra tickets because of that, so that's incredibly stupid if true. They may have to keep him until 2012 if that's their logic too.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
There's 2 reasons Andruw Jones is still around....399 and 400

I don't believe that for a second. Is that supposed to be some type of drawing card for a guy who has been with the team for 3 months? I don't think so.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
The Sox won't sell any extra tickets because of that, so that's incredibly stupid if true. They may have to keep him until 2012 if that's their logic too.

What are you talking about? I have bought walk up tickets for every single home game, hoping to see #399 and 400 in person.

*rolls eyes*

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
And let's face it, the guy roided up.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to show me some facts that he did that when surrounded by a bunch of clean guys like Gary Sheffield, Javy Lopez, Mark Derosa, etc.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
I don't believe that for a second. Is that supposed to be some type of drawing card for a guy who has been with the team for 3 months? I don't think so.

They kept Mike Jackson around to get some smaller record, and once he got it they dumped him.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
They kept Mike Jackson around to get some smaller record, and once he got it they dumped him.

I remember going to that game. A crowd of 39K on a rainy September Wednesday day game to see him get the record. Truly one of the greatest moments in Sox history.