Heads22

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 2 reasons Andruw Jones is still around....399 and 400

With all due respect, I think you've lost your mind.

Nobody cares about his 400 home runs. Nobody and the Sox know that.

Nobody would buy a ticket to see him hit it; nobody gives a f*** about his milestone.

He is an awful hitter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)

Nobody would buy a ticket to see him hit it; nobody gives a f*** about his milestone.

He is an awful hitter.

I love you.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Quentin's out, Rios is playing. Might not be too bad to see a huge thunderstorm, as this is a dreadful lineup. I can't believe the idiots that were calling up the postgame last night saying our offense is fine now.

At least we have our best defensive outfield playing tonight. In what will probably be a low scoring game, this could be a good thing.

Who is the Sox best career hitter against Weaver anyway?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)

He is an awful hitter.

This guy has it right.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
This guy has it right.

I'm not saying the Sox are right with this, as I agree that no one would really care about Andruw Jones. However, based on stuff I heard in the offseason, as well as what Hawk was saying earlier in this year, I'm confident that the organization thinks Jones reaching 400 is an important milestone. Just wait, when he hits 399, he'll be playing every home game.

Well if anybody in this organization wants Jones to play every home game once he hits 399, then any and all of these people should be deemed dunces and have to wear dunce caps to every home game until he hits such home run.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
I honestly don't see how him batting 3rd would mess up anything. It's not like he has to change his stance or swing.

Me and my buddy were debating this exact same point a week ago and I said something very similar to this, and he responded with "Because not only can Rios hit for extra bases, but he can also steal a base in front of Konerko and keep him out of the double play, and give Quentin a chance to drive him in if Konerko cannot do it"

It makes sense, i couldnt fault that logic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
Me and my buddy were debating this exact same point a week ago and I said something very similar to this, and he responded with "Because not only can Rios hit for extra bases, but he can also steal a base in front of Konerko and keep him out of the double play, and give Quentin a chance to drive him in if Konerko cannot do it"

It makes sense, i couldnt fault that logic

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Quentin was a late scratch because of his knee from the dive yesterday. Let's hope he's ok. And never thought I'd say this, but i'm actually looking forward to Teahen returning w/ the sole hope that Guillen will use him as the left-handed DH instead of Kotsay.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Quentin was a late scratch because of his knee from the dive yesterday. Let's hope he's ok. And never thought I'd say this, but i'm actually looking forward to Teahen returning w/ the sole hope that Guillen will use him as the left-handed DH instead of Kotsay.

Dont count on it, Guillen has a mancrush on Kotsay

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)

Let's play READ THE DAMN THREAD, PLEASE.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Jamshack, don't make me verbally berate you.

I would love the opportunity to see you verbally berate me via a message board.

Secondly, my apologies for making an example of you, but you are like the 3rd or 4th person to come in and announce that Quentin was scratched from the lineup in the last 2 hours. All I ask is that you do a quick scan to see if the news you plan on "breaking" has been posted previously.

Now go back to figuring out how you are going to verbally berate me.

Guys, I know someone who works at Morgan Creek. Just emailed him to find out if there is any truth to this Major League 4.

Morgan Creek is the production company that would be behind the movie.

I'm also demanding passes to the premiere if they make the movie.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Still worried about Weaver's lifetime 4-0 record with an 0.52 career ERA against the Sox.

Don't be skeert I'm not...and neither are ANY of the 9 that Oz chooses to put out there. This team is rollin. :bringit

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Don't 11000 posts make me more than "this guy?"

I'm not that big a dick.

I was trying to be nice man, come on. You're taking this the wrong way.

BTW, more posts does not guarantee you a bigger shlong.