7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
Then why wasn't all the hate directed to the manager? People are smart. They should know.

The guy can play baseball. He's a good reserve.

aside from the 4 or 5 good plays you always point out, what about the rest of his career? The sun shines on even a dogs ass sometimes.

And again, you always say that people hate him(and it is insane) where the reality is that people point out to you that for his career he has been a .217 hitter with a .256 OBP.

Your definition of quality has always been sketchy though

aside from the 4 or 5 good plays you always point out, what about the rest of his career? The sun shines on even a dogs ass sometimes.

And again, you always say that people hate him(and it is insane) where the reality is that people point out to you that for his career he has been a .217 hitter with a .256 OBP.

Your definition of quality has always been sketchy though

He cost Mariana Rivera a blown save this year with a 3 run bomb. Rivera has blown 2 saves total.

Do you watch him like tonight? He glides after the f***ing ball.

He's a quality reserve. He just is.

And some of the posts comments about him bordered on hate. Hate may not be too strong a word.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
He cost Mariana Rivera a blown save this year with a 3 run bomb. Rivera has blown 2 saves total.

Do you watch him like tonight? He glides after the f***ing ball.

He's a quality reserve. He just is.

His numbers suggest otherwise. They just do.

again, you fail to notice that the game of baseball isnt about one single moment, rather about an entire 162 game season comprised of many moments by many players.

Mariano Rivera would eat him for lunch if he cared to.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
Honestly, Wheezy's numbers suggest a move to the bullpen more then a spot on the bench.

Did you know that Wise's career best batting average and OBP was with the White Sox at .236 and .277? Thats not hating, thats just what it is. The guy isnt a good reserve, he isnt a quality player, he is just Dewayne Wise.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Did you know that Wise's career best batting average and OBP was with the White Sox at .236 and .277? Thats not hating, thats just what it is. The guy isnt a good reserve, he isnt a quality player, he is just Dewayne Wise.

HE MADE THE CATCH

Dude can't play.

Uh the uniform he is wearing begs to differ.

He is playing ... and excelling tonight in the big leagues.

He is a quality bench guy. How can you not see that? There is value in his speed and glove and occasional pop.

He had some big hits for the white sox as well as THE CATCH.

I like Wise.

Some of you act like praising him for the catch is a bad thing. It was a great great moment in Sox history. WTF.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)

He is a quality bench guy. How can you not see that? There is value in his speed and glove and occasional pop.

I like Wise.

He can't hit and he can't draw a walk. He has no right to be on a big league roster for any sustained period of time. He's having a hot streak. Awesome. It's not going to last.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)

I like Wise.

We KNOW

How you can see that he is a quality bench guy while completely ripping on Mark Teahan(and I am not a big fan of Teahan at this point) just amazes me. You know a guy who had speed and occasional pop? Jerry Owens. Maybe we should extol the virtues of the one time he hit a homerun and talk about him every time his name shows up in the paper. That would be fun

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Some of you act like praising him for the catch is a bad thing. It was a great great moment in Sox history. WTF.

No greg, you act like the catch he made absolves him from being a fringe baseball player and makes his lifetime stats ignorable. The fact of the matter is that there are many players in the majors and the minors that could of made that catch, it just happened that Wise was there to do it. I thank him for it, and so does Buehrle, but it doesnt make him a good bench player because he had one good moment

moment.

Dewayne Wise is not a quality Major League Baseball player the numbers speak for themselves. Ya he made the catch, but he also dropped a ball causing an inside the park homer. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

He has no right to be on a big league roster for any sustained period of time.

I've written on here I have no problem with Teahen playing 2 times a week or being a key reserve. I don't deny he has a spot in the big leagues. As a regular? And a 3rd baseman? No.

And that line above is just bulls***.

Wise has a job now and should have one.

You think he can't help a big league baseball team on a limited basis?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
I've written on here I have no problem with Teahen playing 2 times a week or being a key reserve. I don't deny he has a spot in the big leagues. As a regular? And a 3rd baseman? No.

His numbers say no.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)

If you mean for two weeks while having a hot streak then sure he can help. He is not a "key reserve" or anything else you make him out to be. He is a AAA ballplayer who can be called up on short notice and hopefully play defense for a week and not screw things up too bad. Although he probably will hurt your team in that scenario as well.

If you mean for two weeks while having a hot streak then sure he can help. He is not a "key reserve" or anything else you make him out to be. He is a AAA ballplayer who can be called up on short notice and hopefully play defense for a week and not screw things up too bad. Although he probably will hurt your team in that scenario as well.

As far as being a Key reserve.

He can ...

Run.

Field.

Run.

Field.

And has a knack of getting some clutch hits.

Should he be on a roster?

Yes.

Should he play a ton?

Probably not.

Should he play some?

Yes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)

He can ...

Run.

Field.

Run.

Field.

Yes.

Should he play a ton?

Probably not.

Should he play some?

Yes.

There's hundreds of minor league and unemployed players who can do those exact same things.

He can ...

Run.

Field.

Run.

Field.

Yes.

Should he play a ton?

Probably not.

Should he play some?

Yes.

I highly doubt we would even be having this discussion with you if Wise didnt make that catch.

He can ...

Run.

Field.

Run.

Field.

Yes.

Should he play a ton?

Probably not.

Should he play some?

Yes.

There are plenty of guys that can run and field. Brian Anderson can do both better than Wise. There are also plenty of guys you can get for your bench that can run, field, and also hit at least .240 and get on base at a better than .277 clip in their career year.