2010 All Star Game Thread

Brian

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
So irritating. Seriously, I didn't even see anything special about them anyway - what was with that obsessive shoe discussion? OMG THEY HAVE TWO COLORZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Somehow, I think Reebok paid a bit of money fo rthat.

Anybody see these lineups yet?

AL

1. Ichiro RF

2. Jeter SS (He doesn't really deserve to be in the game, let alone hitting second...)

3. Cabrera 1B

4. Hamilton CF (Ichiro should be playing center, Hamilton's D is meh)

5. Guerrero DH

6. Longoria 3B

7. Mauer C

8. Cano 2B (A bit low for him, he's one of the best hitters in this lineup)

9. Crawford LF (Should be higher, his bat is getting wasted down here while Jeter's getting more PAs)

SP. Price (Where's Cliff Lee?)

NL

1. Ramirez SS

2. Prado 2B

3. Pujols 1B

4. Howard DH (Votto gets snubbed twice, he should be DHing)

5. Wright 3B

6. Braun LF

7. Ethier CF (LMAO, Ethier can't even play right field, how can he play center? This should be Marlon Byrd's spot, Corey Hart shouldn't be starting).

8. Hart RF

9. Molina C (I feel bad for Miguel Olivo)

SP. Jimenez

I seriously thought Charlie Manuel was smarter than this, his lineup, along with Ethier in center field just makes it look like the NL wants to lose. Good thing this won't be the setup all game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
2. Jeter SS (He doesn't really deserve to be in the game, let alone hitting second...)

I agree Jeter is not having his best year, but take a look at the list of AL shortstops this year, it doesnt get much better.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
I agree Jeter is not having his best year, but take a look at the list of AL shortstops this year, it doesnt get much better.

Elvis Andrus and Alex Gonzalez have been just as good, if not better. I have more of an issue with Jeter hitting second when Carl Crawford and Robinson Cano are hitting 8th and 9th.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
Elvis Andrus and Alex Gonzalez have been just as good, if not better. I have more of an issue with Jeter hitting second when Carl Crawford and Robinson Cano are hitting 8th and 9th.

I agree about the lineup, Cano is an MVP candidate, should be way higher in the lineup. If they didn't have to take any shortstops, I don't think any of those 3 make it, so I can't really complain about Jeter being on the roster.

AL

1. Ichiro RF

3. Cabrera 1B

5. Guerrero DH

6. Longoria 3B

7. Mauer C

9. Crawford LF (Should be higher, his bat is getting wasted down here while Jeter's getting more PAs)

NL

1. Ramirez SS

2. Prado 2B

3. Pujols 1B

5. Wright 3B

6. Braun LF

7. Ethier CF (LMAO, Ethier can't even play right field, how can he play center? This should be Marlon Byrd's spot, Corey Hart shouldn't be starting).

8. Hart RF

SP. Jimenez

I seriously thought Charlie Manuel was smarter than this, his lineup, along with Ethier in center field just makes it look like the NL wants to lose. Good thing this won't be the setup all game.

Dont the fans vote for the starters so I dont know why you are going off on that, can pick apart the lineup all you want but he had to start those players to best of my knowledge.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
Dont the fans vote for the starters so I dont know why you are going off on that, can pick apart the lineup all you want but he had to start those players to best of my knowledge.

IMO, Molina's the only one that really doesn't deserve to be there, the fans did an alright job this year.

Somebody had to play for Heyward, Manuel put Hart in there instead of Byrd, who can actually play CF. Nobody in that outfield right now can play center.

Edited by chw42

I ran both of these lineups through a lineup optimizer.

Actual

AL: 6.31 runs

NL: 6.18 runs

I then created my own lineups based on the entire roster (I did not replace the players fans voted in unless they were hurt).

Theoretical

AL: 6.71 runs

NL: 6.32 runs

Looks like Girardi could have done better.

My theoretical linueps

AL

1. Ichiro CF

2. Crawford LF

3. Hamilton RF

4. Cabrera 1B

5. Cano 2B

6. Guerrero DH

7. Longoria 3B

8. Mauer C

9. Jeter SS

SP. Lee

NL

1. Ramirez SS

2. Byrd CF

3. Pujols 1B

4. Votto DH

5. Wright 3B

6. Ethier RF

7. Braun LF

8. Prado 2B

9. Molina C

SP. J. Johnson

Edited by chw42

AL

1. Ichiro RF

3. Cabrera 1B

5. Guerrero DH

6. Longoria 3B

7. Mauer C

NL

1. Ramirez SS

2. Prado 2B

3. Pujols 1B

5. Wright 3B

6. Braun LF

8. Hart RF

SP. Jimenez

I don't know if you mean that the lineups were screwed up by the fans or not but Corey Hart is 2nd in homers and first in RBI's, why shouldn't he be starting?

I don't really have a problem with Cliff Lee not starting, he has been in a prolific pitcher's park all year and David Price has done a hell of a job in the toughest division in baseball

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I don't know if you mean that the lineups were screwed up by the fans or not but Corey Hart is 2nd in homers and first in RBI's, why shouldn't he be starting?

I don't really have a problem with Cliff Lee not starting, he has been in a prolific pitcher's park all year and David Price has done a hell of a job in the toughest division in baseball

The problem with starting Corey Hart is that there's nobody to play center field...