7/6 Games

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Durham @ Knights

Torres

Barons @ Montgomery 7:05

Greenville @ Intimidators

Serafin

Billings @ Great Falls doubleheader, but in a delay.

BriSox @ Pulaski

Petricka

HUH? really? ...Petricka started yesterday ...

omg ..nevermind ..I'm too exhausted for this!! lol

Edited by girlslikebaseballtoo#26

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
Would Stefan Gartrell be just as good or better than Andruw Jones at this point?

Granted i only saw him once, in Columbus this year, but he looked the part and was very impressive in the way he carried himself at the plate and in the field.

Also, what's the deal with Kroeger? Is he Charlotte's version of Kotsay. He seems to bat 3-4-5 every game and i have yet to see his average above .200.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
Granted i only saw him once, in Columbus this year, but he looked the part and was very impressive in the way he carried himself at the plate and in the field.

Also, what's the deal with Kroeger? Is he Charlotte's version of Kotsay. He seems to bat 3-4-5 every game and i have yet to see his average above .200.

Minor league lineups are generally made differently than MLB lineups, and they generally want to maximize ABs for those that they feel may have future value to the club. That's probably all they've done with Kroeger.

And he is about the only Kotsay insurance the Sox have, though it's not hard to find pinch hit extraordinaires floating around.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
Minor league lineups are generally made differently than MLB lineups, and they generally want to maximize ABs for those that they feel may have future value to the club. That's probably all they've done with Kroeger.

And he is about the only Kotsay insurance the Sox have, though it's not hard to find pinch hit extraordinaires floating around.

If an outfielder goes down, Gartrell gets that call, or maybe De Aza, ahead of Kroeger. Last year, it would have been Kroeger.

Kroeger has put up big numbers in AAA in years past, so I think they figure he's still that good hitter somewhere behind the numbers. Or maybe he's just done, hard to tell.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
If an outfielder goes down, Gartrell gets that call, or maybe De Aza, ahead of Kroeger. Last year, it would have been Kroeger.

Kroeger has put up big numbers in AAA in years past, so I think they figure he's still that good hitter somewhere behind the numbers. Or maybe he's just done, hard to tell.

Oh I agree, but I don't think you want Gartrell or De Aza being a backup 1B. Of course, Viciedo can do that too, and Konerko rarely DHs, so it's a generally moot point anyways.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Oh I agree, but I don't think you want Gartrell or De Aza being a backup 1B. Of course, Viciedo can do that too, and Konerko rarely DHs, so it's a generally moot point anyways.

Viciedo can play 1B, Teahen can do so, hell even Vizquel could do it in a pinch I'm sure. If an OF goes down, pretty sure you will see De Aza or Gartrell up, with Viciedo/Teahen covering 1B when necessary.