7/7 - LA vs. Sox

Heads22

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)
Winnable! More winnable than yesterday by leaps and bounds! Let's have another ridiculous win streak. All in favor, say aye!

AYE!!!

sounds good to me, but the wrecking machine that is the KC Royals are coming in on Friday!!!!!!

QUOTE (Y2Jimmy @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
I would be very surprised if this game gets played tonight. There will be thunderstorms all night.

I think it should be ok. Storms seem isolated.

I would be very surprised if this game gets played tonight. There will be thunderstorms all night.

weather.com has it at about 40% chance through the entire game, so it will be a crap shoot.

I'm just stoked about the weather forecast for Saturday's game I'm going to, looks awesome!

This has Big Game Freddy all over it.

- He has a great record against the Angels in his career

- The bullpen needs a rest

- This would get us 7 games above .500

- A series win (at least) against a great AL team

Give us at least 7 or 8 strong ones Chief!

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
I heard he just scratched his knee.

Ozzie said he could have DH'd last night but didn't want to risk anything further...

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, but one of these games could get ugly because if one of the starters doesn't go deep it could turn into the Eric Threets experience for a few innings. Overall though that would be the smart thing to do, let one guy eat it and save the pen

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
Ozzie said he could have DH'd last night but didn't want to risk anything further...

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, but one of these games could get ugly because if one of the starters doesn't go deep it could turn into the Eric Threets experience for a few innings. Overall though that would be the smart thing to do, let one guy eat it and save the pen

I heard he is okay. I was just teasing with Big Sqwert since the thread last night had all kinds of post about Carlos' knee and why he was scratched.

Welcome to the board!

Looks like isolated showers, chance throughout the evening, so I'd say its very likely they get the game in fine.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Pierre lf

Ramirez ss

Rios cf

Konerko 1b

Quentin dh

Jones rf

Castro c

Viciedo 3b

Lillibridge 2b

Garcia p

This still blows my mind. He was so f***ing awful last year.. I know, small sample size, but still, even if all he gives us this year is these passed few weeks, I'm totally okay with it. I assumed once he was sent back down, we'd never see him again. Welcome back!

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
This still blows my mind. He was so f***ing awful last year.. I know, small sample size, but still, even if all he gives us this year is these passed few weeks, I'm totally okay with it. I assumed once he was sent back down, we'd never see him again. Welcome back!

He's been starting every day. Makes more sense to send Gordon down to work on his swing/confidence.

Edited by BigSqwert