7/7 - LA vs. Sox

Heads22

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
I can't believe how horrible he is at bunting. It blows my f***ing mind.

Ha. You would think that it is one of the 2 skills he would be able to bring to the table.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Bull signed Boozer?

One thing I don't get is I have seen on ESPN one time they said they would have to clear cap space to get Lebron and on later on, on the bottom line it said they still have money for another max deal. So which is it?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
One thing I don't get is I have seen on ESPN one time they said they would have to clear cap space to get Lebron and on later on, on the bottom line it said they still have money for another max deal. So which is it?

The Boozer deal is actually around 75-76 mil and not 80 like reported, meaning they have enough for one max deal.

Later in the day we found out the cap is 58 mil, above speculations so we have even more money to play with.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
That inning ended quickly...I hate the bunt

I was never an Ozzie-hater...but I think he needs to manage in the NL. He loves giving up outs. Does he think it is 1982?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)

They have enough, especially with the cap being 58 mil now.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
The Boozer deal is actually around 75-76 mil and not 80 like reported, meaning they have enough for one max deal.

Later in the day we found out the cap is 58 mil, above speculations so we have even more money to play with.

But LeBron isn't coming here.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:57 AM)
Is there any stat out there to show how crappy we are at bunting? I wonder where'd we rank?

Kalapse and I looked at some stuff, and we figured out Pierre was about 3 for 21 bunting this year. That doesn't take into consideration all the at bats he gives away by fouling off bunt attempts and then having to protect the plate.

These Angels' announcers are real assholes....they sure do like ripping on our players even though we've been better than them in all facets this entire series.

They did a Coors Freeze Cam of Andruw catching a fly ball without even looking the ball into his glove and said "I wonder if he'd be smiling still if it hit him in the face?"

Jeesh.