7/7 - LA vs. Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
I think we all gave up Lillibridge for dead and never believed we'd see him in a White Sox uniform again.

I didn't but thought more-so pinch runner maybe defensive replacement (though his defense hasn't been that great in AAA though his bat in AAA was very good oddly enough) strictly utility. Never thought a hitter but like I said before.. you can't judge guys on sample sizes in the bigs.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
lillibridge has been insanely clutch the past week or so.

I think he's had more clutch hits than Juan Pierre has all season. But I won't rip Pierre as a player, because he's awesome!..... :ph34r:

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
I think we all gave up Lillibridge for dead and never believed we'd see him in a White Sox uniform again. Or that they might intentionally walk or pitch around Lillibridge to get to Beckham EVER?

Agreed. He has actually looked like a major league hitter these last couple of weeks. He won't continue to hit .429 but he could end up being at worst a valuable bench/utility guy.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:25 AM)
I was just saying earlier this month that Lillibridge gets way too much s*** on this board. Just saying.

He sucked last year, his play this year doesn't change his awful performance last season.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Seriously...who thought that both Viciedo and Lillibridge would be contributing right now and we would be like 1 game out of 1st?

For so long, it pissed me off that randoms from the Twins minor league system would come up and make an immediate impact. It feels awesome to be on the opposite end of that.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
I was just saying earlier this month that Lillibridge gets way too much s*** on this board. Just saying.

I know it was a small sample size last year...but he did look like he had no clue up there.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:26 AM)
I really don't want KW to give up hudson or viciedo. Also loving Lillibridge looking like a mlb contributor

Me neither...see what you can get for Flowers, Danks, Holmberg, Morel, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
He sucked last year, his play this year doesn't change his awful performance last season.

Well agreed but not every prospect will pull a Beckham, while I know Lillibomb will come down to earth I could see him as a very good utility infielder in the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
He was just setting up Saunders. If he didn't look awful earlier in the game, he would have had to face Shields. He's the smartest player in the history of baseball.

Truth. The Bridge has a mind comparable to Ted Williams. :headbang

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
For so long, it pissed me off that randoms from the Twins minor league system would come up and make an immediate impact. It feels awesome to be on the opposite end of that.

I was actually thinking the same thing. If Lillibridge did this kind of thing for the Twins we would be like...who the heck is this guy and how is he just hitting it all over the yard?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:29 AM)
Well agreed but not every prospect will pull a Beckham, while I know Lillibomb will come down to earth I could see him as a very good utility infielder in the future.

It's not like he was 21 years old though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
Me neither...see what you can get for Flowers, Danks, Holmberg, Morel, etc.

With Peavy's unknown status...I don't think KW can trade Hudson. Might turn out to be a blessing in disguise at this point. Instead of the homerun player...I still say we should go after just a middle of the road guy...ala LaRoche so we don't have to play Kotsay. We don't have the deep system to give up. We will need Hudson and Viciedo next year.