7/7 - LA vs. Sox

Heads22

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Putz last gave up a run May 7th, and today is July 7th??

Back end of this bullpen can just be scary for opposing teams. If only Peavy didn't get hurt and we had 1-2 more hitters...we would be in contention.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
I was actually thinking the same thing. If Lillibridge did this kind of thing for the Twins we would be like...who the heck is this guy and how is he just hitting it all over the yard?

Denny Hocking

Matt LeCroy

Jason Tyner

Lew Ford

Jason Bartlett

Nick Punto

Henry Blanco

Mike Redmond

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:34 AM)
Was Lillibridge really highly regarded as a MLB prospect at some point? I know when we got him as part of a package for Javy that the Braves had soured on him. I wonder what the projections were for him?

Yes, he was highly regarded. He played on a lot of Team USA-esque teams while in college.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Wasn't he a decently high pick as well?

He was but to be fair... the Pirates organization (well at that time) was one of the laughing stocks (and internally) in the MLB in regards to their drafting philosophy. He was a pretty good prospect though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
He was but to be fair... the Pirates organization (well at that time) was one of the laughing stocks (and internally) in the MLB in regards to their drafting philosophy. He was a pretty good prospect though.

Probably why they have no winning season's since the early 90's. The Rays, Marlins and now the Reds have shown you CAN build a good team through the draft and a couple of smart trades.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Probably why they have no winning season's since the early 90's. The Rays, Marlins and now the Reds have shown you CAN build a good team through the draft and a couple of smart trades.

Also the A's for most of the decade, the Angels (although they have a big budget), Twins, Brewers and the Rangers have really become an interesting organization.

Of course, the model for all teams to emulate is the Schuerholz/Atlanta Braves model.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Sergio was warming in the pen, Ace.

Read my post again.

I know, I like it (the 2 out RBI hit by Lillibridge) cause it means Thornton is getting the night off.