AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

I didn't see the game, only the highlights, but that was a great swing Lillibridge put on that 2-1 pitch with 2 outs where he got that 2 run hit. Ducks on the pond, and instead of trying to crush a 500 ft. homer like most of the other hitters on the team would have done, he just tried to meet the ball and put it in play somewhere, and he did just that. Much props to Lillibridge.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
Great win. Freddy, many others overcome the 5 errors.

Can we possibly win all four?

Or will it be like the final game of the Cub series in the Cell?

Let's sweep.

Might as well.

This team is flawed, no doubt, but they've made themselves, if not fun to watch, morbidly interesting.

I'm not smiling about it though. Cool people don't smile.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
I didn't see the game, only the highlights, but that was a great swing Lillibridge put on that 2-1 pitch with 2 outs where he got that 2 run hit. Ducks on the pond, and instead of trying to crush a 500 ft. homer like most of the other hitters on the team would have done, he just tried to meet the ball and put it in play somewhere, and he did just that. Much props to Lillibridge.

You keep hitting on this, but its just not the case. Other than Jones, who always does that, the team has quite clearly been doing the opposite for some time now. In the middle of the run of wins, they went games on end with no home runs and a ton of singles. And no one other than Jones appears to be overswinging. I think perhaps you are stuck in 2009.

I hazily (had a few Old Styles) remember walking out of Wrigley after Lilly's near no-no. If you told me that night the Sox would be in second place in a month, I would have knocked you in the mouth. I don't know if they will be good enough to win the division, but thank you so much for making it a season again! 2nd place!! :headbang :gosoxretro: