AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

Rowand44

the thing that intrigues me going forward is, and let me make this abundantly clear, I am NOT degrading Freddy here he has been a surprise, but Freddy's not pitching insanely good. His WHIP is slightly higher and ERA+ (101) slightly lower than 08 and 09 so he has been a huge piece but it's not like he's putting up crazy numbers, it is extremely realistic to think he can stay steady the rest of the year

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Guerrier has blown about 3 games in the past week or so.

Crain has always been fairly shaky, despite the great stuff. Duensing has been the key to that pen so far, he's been amazing, and Mijares (before that, D. Reyes/Rincon/JC Romero) has been tough as well.

But Rauch is shaky against top competition (just like Foulke) and Slama and Delaney are waiting in the wings in Rochester. The obvious move is bringing up Slama, but Gardenhire has refused to move up Delmon Young in the line-up for Cuddyer/Mauer all season, and he's also refused to take Guerrier out of primary RH set-up.

But the biggest problem right now is their defense, 3B, Hardy just came back, Mauer's power disappearance and the fact that Slowey/Blackburn/Baker are all pitching like 4th/5th starters, and not 2-3 type pitchers. Liriano finally getting it back together has really saved this team, and Delmon Young finally figuring out he's a major league hitter, but his defense along with Cuddyer's is atrocious.

thanks for the info, yeah they're a good team, but again, neither them or Detroit is a juggernaut and I see a good 3 team race all year

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
There are so many teams in the Lee sweepstakes...now the Rangers are one of the frontrunners...that I think that drama gets drawn out until close to the end of the month. So there are at least 6 teams involved and 4-6 more "kicking the tires" on Lee. Latest I heard, the M's were asking for Ramos, Hicks and MORE from the Twins. The Twins have offered Ramos and Slowey.

the best thing that could happen to the Sox is Seattle holds on to him until July 31st, even if he goes to Minny then his starts are reduced

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
the best thing that could happen to the Sox is Seattle holds on to him until July 31st, even if he goes to Minny then his starts are reduced

The best thing for Seattle to do would be to trade him to the NL in the next week and a half, so that way he's not even in the league anymore when the Sox head out west in 11 days.

Assuming the M's go Felix-Lee-whomever out of the gate, the Sox are scheduled to face both Felix and Lee in Seattle, and then they'll face Lee again in Chicago too.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
Why does there have to be an All-Star break? I dont want this momentum killed!

Eh, it's only three days, and it's right before the Twins series. They need to rest up, and be ready to go next Thursday night.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
The best thing for Seattle to do would be to trade him to the NL in the next week and a half, so that way he's not even in the league anymore when the Sox head out west in 11 days.

Assuming the M's go Felix-Lee-whomever out of the gate, the Sox are scheduled to face both Felix and Lee in Seattle, and then they'll face Lee again in Chicago too.

Mets are definitely one of the main players in all this, Philadelphia could go after him again...don't think the Padres or Braves would make a play, though.

Supposedly, the Reds and maybe even the Cardinales have shown some interest as well, perhaps the Giants to kick start them back into the race.

Dodgers? Rockies?

Well, as they say, to be the best, you have to beat the best, and the White Sox usually rise up to the challenge of great opposing pitchers not named Johan Santana about as well as any team in the AL, just as they perenially disappoint against journeymen, rookies, pitchers they're seeing for the very first time and soft tossing lefties.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Chew on this...

In the last 27 games, the Sox are 22-5, and have outscored their opponent 128-69. The opponent is scoring an average of 2.56 runs a game. That's incredible for that long of a period.

Wow, to show how bad the Sox were before this, we're only like a +10 on run differential right now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
First sweep of the angels since the 80's did I hear that right?

I know this has already been answered, but I knew it wasn't exactly right. There was a series in 2000 against the Angels where the Sox came back in three straight games, and they were all pretty significant comebacks, too. One of the best series I've ever seen, from what I remember.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Wow, to show how bad the Sox were before this, we're only like a +10 on run differential right now.

Equally amazing that we've won 22/27 while scoring only 4.7 runs a game ourselves.

Crazy.

I love it when I forget there is a game in the afternoon, then I check to see what time today's game starts and see the Sox won already. And I don't know why, but I didn't even notice they were about to do a 4-game sweep.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
I love it when I forget there is a game in the afternoon, then I check to see what time today's game starts and see the Sox won already. And I don't know why, but I didn't even notice they were about to do a 4-game sweep.

It's because you're a s***ty fan.