AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

Rowand44

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm doing my quick math right, a sweep of the Royals plus the Twins winning 2 of 3 against the Tigers puts the Sox 1.5 up in the division at the break.

Obviously don't want to get ahead of myself, but it's fun to think about all the same.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Still in 2nd, and 1/2 game out of first. Need to beat on the Royals (for once) like we should do this weekend and head into the all star break strong, and perhaps in first place.

Who would have ever bet on that in the first week of June, LOL

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Awesome win and performance by Danks!!!

so 7-3, including 6-1 against a hot Texas team and a 2nd place Angels team since all the pundits said the White Sox would fade starting back the AL schedule, up all of their asses.

Huge thing for Danks to go 9 today, pen is fully rested for the weekend series.

Get even a slightly better than average bat and Hudson is OK, this team will be tough to beat, Cliff Lee or no Cliff Lee in Minny.

There are so many teams in the Lee sweepstakes...now the Rangers are one of the frontrunners...that I think that drama gets drawn out until close to the end of the month. So there are at least 6 teams involved and 4-6 more "kicking the tires" on Lee. Latest I heard, the M's were asking for Ramos, Hicks and MORE from the Twins. The Twins have offered Ramos and Slowey.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Who would have ever bet on that in the first week of June, LOL

I don't think the very small minority of people who even in early June thought this team had a run in them thought it could come this fast. They are on just on fire, this pitching staff has been ridiculous.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Not to mention improbably picking up exactly 11 games in the standings on the Twins in roughly a month.

Obviously, that seemed impossible not too long ago.

I'd have to recheck it, but we've gone from the 26th or 27th place in MLB standings to tied for 10th in all of MLB.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Sox starters over last 5 games.....

30 2/3 IP, 18 H, 4 ER, 5 BB, 19 K, 0.91 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 3.80 K/BB

Sox are 5-0 over that stretch.

It's almost like they're pretty ok or something.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
This team is officially for real in my eyes.

It's weird, because they are so flawed. But they just keep winning.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Sox starters over last 5 games.....

30 2/3 IP, 18 H, 4 ER, 5 BB, 19 K, 0.91 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 3.80 K/BB

Sox are 5-0 over that stretch.

not to mention Pena coming in for an emergency "start" and only allowing one run... I really think Pena might be a starter for the long term, he seems to let his stuff work more when he knows he's out there for awhile instead of trying to ace every pitch in relief

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

The pitching staff is in 2005 mode which will continue to give us a chance to win every single night. Another bat would be HUGE.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

Yep, that's why I'm not going to make any "for real" declarations. But I'm not making the mistake of burying this team either at any point again because they are capable of running off a streak at any time with this pitching, even with the sketchy offense and Peavy out. It'd still be nice to acquire a bat though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
not to mention Pena coming in for an emergency "start" and only allowing one run... I really think Pena might be a starter for the long term, he seems to let his stuff work more when he knows he's out there for awhile instead of trying to ace every pitch in relief

I heard on 670 that Pena actually walked up to the park yesterday with Ozzie and told him is willing to start this Sunday. Ozzie told him thanks for the offer, but I want to keep the bullpen roles the same.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
The pitching staff is in 2005 mode which will continue to give us a chance to win every single night. Another bat would be HUGE.

Defense, last nights game obviously a blip, has been huge. Rios and Pierre are tracking everything down, Alexei is making both good and routine plays, 2nd has been solid, PK has been picking everything and Castro and AJ are calling phenomenal games.

Also little things like Rios and PK coming through with getting runners in from 3rd even without a hit.