AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

Rowand44

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Yep, that's why I'm not going to make any "for real" declarations. But I'm not making the mistake of burying this team either at any point again because they are capable of running off a streak at any time with this pitching, even with the sketchy offense and Peavy out. It'd still be nice to acquire a bat though.

well Minnesota and Tigers have flaws too.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I don't even think the very small minority of people who even in early June thought this team had a run in them thought it could come this fast. They are on just on fire, this pitching staff has been ridiculous.

They were 24-33 exactly one month ago and 9 1/2 back. They've gone 22-5 since. DIRTY!!!!!!!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
It's a shame we didn't take those 2 games away from KC last week where they were begging us to win. We'd be in 1st.

yeah, but it's baseball and over a long stretch, say 10 games, goofy stuff happens, they're 7-3 over their last 10 since inter-league ceased, could have won one of those KC games but lost today on a bloop hit or something fluky

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
6-1, 2-1 against Tex and 4-0 against Angels

I guess I forgot the Mark Klutchsay game. I've just been very off in this thread.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I heard on 670 that Pena actually walked up to the park yesterday with Ozzie and told him is willing to start this Sunday. Ozzie told him thanks for the offer, but I want to keep the bullpen roles the same.

It's worth a try, if Hudson gets hit hard.

I think I would rather try Pena (with his overall ability) than Torres or Marquez...the Sean Lowe/Carrasco spot.

It's even scarier to realize that in 2 of the losses, the Sox came back from 5 run deficits, and had either the tying or winning run up at the plate in both of them.

not came all the way back, but atleast made it a game.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
What's the latest on Teahen and who gets sent down when he's healthy?

It's an interesting choice.

Undoubtedly, it will be Viciedo....

However, Lillibridge, Beckham and Andruw Jones (DFA) all should be possibilities...I don't think Ozzie is quite ready to part with Jones, simply from a defensive standpoint.

I really think they need to hold back Teahen until this team cools off, feels like we need to keep the chemistry with this team exactly the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if Minny goes hard after a top reliever, even though they are 2nd overall in MLB with pen ERA for the year they were 17th in June with a 4.22 and 22nd so far in July with a 4.83 to go along with a June WHIP of 1.24 and a 1.37 WHIP in July, all trending down.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Minny goes hard after a top reliever, even though they are 2nd overall in MLB with pen ERA for the year they were 17th in June with a 4.22 and 22nd so far in July with a 4.83 to go along with a June WHIP of 1.24 and a 1.37 WHIP in July, all trending down.

They just genuinely need pitching in a bad way.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)

Guerrier has blown about 3 games in the past week or so.

Crain has always been fairly shaky, despite the great stuff. Duensing has been the key to that pen so far, he's been amazing, and Mijares (before that, D. Reyes/Rincon/JC Romero) has been tough as well.

But Rauch is shaky against top competition (just like Foulke) and Slama and Delaney are waiting in the wings in Rochester. The obvious move is bringing up Slama, but Gardenhire has refused to move up Delmon Young in the line-up for Cuddyer/Mauer all season, and he's also refused to take Guerrier out of primary RH set-up.

But the biggest problem right now is their defense, 3B, Hardy just came back, Mauer's power disappearance and the fact that Slowey/Blackburn/Baker are all pitching like 4th/5th starters, and not 2-3 type pitchers. Liriano finally getting it back together has really saved this team, and Delmon Young finally figuring out he's a major league hitter, but his defense along with Cuddyer's is atrocious.

Edited by caulfield12