Cliff Lee Traded to Rangers

hi8is

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Smoak was an overpay, IMO. Perez or Scheppers would've constituted as a gang rape.

I have huge concerns about Smoak, as he's worthless against LHP. He'll hit for power from the left side, but in that ballpark, it shouldn't be hard finding a suitable 1b that can put up 25 homers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Smoak was an overpay, IMO. Perez or Scheppers would've constituted as a gang rape.

I love it, I love to see teams that haven't won in awhile go for the jugular. Smoak looks like he has a lot of potential, but Lee helps them tons more right now.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
I love it, I love to see teams that haven't won in awhile go for the jugular. Smoak looks like he has a lot of potential, but Lee helps them tons more right now.

True. And I forgot that they get the two picks if Lee doesn't sign with them.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
This means Chris Davis is once again the Rangers' starting 1B for the time being.

Smoaks OPS was .670 this year, Davis is worse at like .570, but it's not like Smoak was tearing the cover off the ball... again, Smoak has a chance to be a very good player in the future, but Lee is more valuable to the Rangers winning this year

Ken_Rosenthal

#Yankees livid with #Mariners. Believed they had deal, then M's took it to #Rangers saying put Smoak in and Lee is yours #Rangers jumped. Adams' ankle injury was excuse for M's to back out. "You just don't do business that way," one Yankee official said. #MLB 7 minutes ago via txt

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
True. And I forgot that they get the two picks if Lee doesn't sign with them.

Yep and the rest of the package isn't very impressive. Seems like the Rangers did pretty damn well here.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Ken_Rosenthal

#Yankees livid with #Mariners. Believed they had deal, then M's took it to #Rangers saying put Smoak in and Lee is yours #Rangers jumped. Adams' ankle injury was excuse for M's to back out. "You just don't do business that way," one Yankee official said. #MLB 7 minutes ago via txt

hahahaaa...TOUGH s***SKIS!!!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Ken_Rosenthal

Yeah for Seattle.

Yankees likely won't find too many people outside of NY feeling bad for them, I would imagine that extends to other teams, do this to another team, might have hurt future deals, to the NYY with their payroll other teams can't even sniff, it will probably slide

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Yankees likely won't find too many people outside of NY feeling bad for them, I would imagine that extends to other teams, do this to another team, might have hurt future deals, to the NYY with their payroll other teams can't even sniff, it will probably slide

If the Rangers have value, teams aren't going to not trade with them out of spite. If they offered up King Felix tomorrow, would the Yanks not offer up everything and their grandmother on the first call?