Cliff Lee Traded to Rangers

hi8is

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Indeed. Which is why I'm surprised people are happy he's going there. I only wanted to see him go to the NL.

Yup. Yeah, it's good that he's apparently not going to the Twins. But this pretty much eliminates any chance of us doing a thing even if we get to the playoffs (we'd play the Yankees in the ALDS, as the WC will come from the east and the Rangers are likely to finish with a better record than us).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
How can you leave off Hughes? He's been the best pitcher on that staff.

Burnett and Javy have been overpaid hot garbage this year. They're getting a combined $27 million more than Freddy Garcia and neither one is outproducing him.

I was looking towards the playoffs. Hughes and Javy won't sniff the playoff rotation with those first 4 in place.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
Yup. Yeah, it's good that he's apparently not going to the Twins. But this pretty much eliminates any chance of us doing a thing even if we get to the playoffs (we'd play the Yankees in the ALDS, as the WC will come from the east and the Rangers are likely to finish with a better record than us).

Oh come on, you can't possibly know this on July 9th...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Indeed. Which is why I'm surprised people are happy he's going there. I only wanted to see him go to the NL.

I am not happy about it but its better than the Twins.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
I am not happy about it but its better than the Twins.

They would have signed him in the offseason anyways, so it's probably a good thing that they had to deal Montero to get him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
I was looking towards the playoffs. Hughes and Javy won't sniff the playoff rotation with those first 4 in place.

If Burnett keeps pitching like he has, he's gonna tank in his first start and never see the mound in the playoffs again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)

The fact that we are even discussing us being in the playoffs is pretty amazing. Lots of things can happen before then so this talk is really premature.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)

id much rather face yankees in a 5 game ALDS than in a 7 game ALCS

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Hughes>>>>>Burnett

Hughes has been pretty s***ty since June 1. Burnett is more experienced and was money for them last postseason.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Oh come on, you can't possibly know this on July 9th...

That the WC won't come from the east? And I did say "likely" as far as the Rangers having a better record than us. Their offense is worlds better and we just lost Peavy. And the Rangers could still add a pitcher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
J4L, the mere fact we can even worry about this stuff right now is good enough for me. If we get to the playoffs, then great! Who knows, maybe the Tank will be our secret weapon against LHP.

Clemens, Pettite, Oswalt was supposed to take us down at one point.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Yup and anything can happen in a f***ing 5 game series. I hate this premature "it's already over" bulls***. We can worry about the Yankees if we make the playoffs.

Especially since their best hitter is a frequent no-show in the post season.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
That the WC won't come from the east? And I did say "likely" as far as the Rangers having a better record than us. Their offense is worlds better and we just lost Peavy. And the Rangers could still add a pitcher.

No, I meant that we'd have no chance against them in October.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
too bad we can't see Peavy vs Vazquez in the postseason...a battle of the worst postseason reputations.

You can say that again, lol.

Except they're two polarizing personalities. Peavy cares too much, Javy doesn't give a f***.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Especially since he has a higher career OPS in the postseason than he does in the regular season.

True but he still is a frequent no-show in the post season. Some years he looks great but other years he looks like Dewayne Wise.