7/8 Games

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
i said the preseason that this guy is under the radar given if his age is legit, and he plays at a premium position with good tools. Glad to see him performing at GF.

But he moved he 3B now so his value took a little bit of a hit, if he can manage to stay at SS, he could easily be a top 20 given his age and our weak system.

on a side note Flower is really struggling 0 for 3 with 3 k's though he didn't pick up a SB, interesting..

He used to draw alot of walks and is a great OBP guy, now he is not making contacting, striking out 40% of the time, and is not drawing any walks, somethings need to be done about this guy.

Yeah, like a trade. He is looking like somewhat of a bust. I defended him for most of the season, but now I am losing faith in him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Yeah, like a trade. He is looking like somewhat of a bust. I defended him for most of the season, but now I am losing faith in him.

Bust? After raking last year, he has half a season in AAA where he strikes out a lot (and 37% is indeed a lot), but still posts a .770 OPS and has 15 HR in 243 at bats, and has significantly bettered his defense while in the sysyem... and he's already a bust?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
But he moved he 3B now so his value took a little bit of a hit, if he can manage to stay at SS, he could easily be a top 20 given his age and our weak system.

FWIW, his arm strength is supposed to be very good at third so maybe he can become a solid defender there. Chris Carter had a season similar to this when he was the same age. Hit .130 in Kanny in 46 AB and then played for Great Falls and raked. You may question Carter's ability to make it in the Majors, but he's certainly a talented player. It's easy to lose perspective on Silverio because he's been a pro for a few years, but I'm cautiously optimistic that he can go back to Kanny next year and hit.