How do YOU want this team to look in 2011?

Real

Which players help the Sox contend in 2011?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Position Player(s)

• Paul Konerko
    • AJ Pierzynski
    • Andruw Jones
    • Mark Kotsay
    • Omar Vizquel (as a player)
    • Carlos Quentin
  2. 2. Choose Pitcher(s)

• Bobby Jenks
    • Freddy Garcia
    • JJ Putz
    • Mark Buehrle
    • Tony Pena
    • Matt Thornton

Select your choices! Something that I've had on my mind lately, just curious what the general consensus has to say!

(OP Note: I understand certain players are under team control for next season, so off-season/mid-season trades can affect your decision going into the 2011 season)

Edited by Real

I picked.....

-- Quentin. I think Q is still a valuable player to us, and his high amount of RBI compared to his AVG proves how clutch he is and is such a solid run producer. I would like to see him DH though...

-- Pierzynki. I just don't think Flowers is quite ready yet. I would like AJ for one more year. His handling of the pitchers might be enough for me to sit through his incredible cold streaks.

-- Putz. I loved this signing from the beginning, and I think he can be our future closer as it seems Thornton may not be comfortable closing. Whether he is closing or setting-up, he is very solid.

-- Buerhrle. Mostly for sentimental reasons. I really don't want to see Burl's leave, especially since his contract is not up. If it was his final year, I would be more apt to be ok with him leaving.

-- Thornton. Basically the same that I wrote for Putz. He can be our future closer, or if he is not comfortable, he can be a solid set-up man for us to Putz.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

I think Konerko needs to be back, maybe on a 2-year, $20 million deal, which gives him some good dough and doesn't hamstring the Sox long-term. Whether or not he is willing to accept such a short deal is a completely different question though. Maybe the third year can be a team option, but becomes guaranteed if he reaches some important statistical markers.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
WAY too early for this. It's just impossible to say, things can change drastically over the course of even a week.

Agreed.

I'm still trying to decide how I want them to look this weekend...

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
Its all about 2010! This team has proved most of us wrong and i am loving every bit of it.

I was on board from day1...that's why I went to Soxfest and Spring Training...and then the first 2 months floored me. Wanted to rip up my season tickets...now, I think we rule the world.

Anyone see the video of Hawk from early June where he says the Sox remind him of the '83 team...hope he is right, minus the part where we lose in the first round of the playoffs.