Oswalt

BigSqwert

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
What kind of player wants to stay with a last place team, with no future, instead of going to a legitimate contender?

Honestly, I think we need to realize that these guys are human beings too...maybe the guys doesn't want to move here...I don't understand why sports fans take this so personally sometimes...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Honestly, I think we need to realize that these guys are human beings too...maybe the guys doesn't want to move here...I don't understand why sports fans take this so personally sometimes...

But in his quote he specifically said "BigSqwert is a s***ty fan".

Yeah, but it sucks to hear this when you live in a great city, and there is another team in your city that no one ever rules out. If he would have said "I don't want to go to Cubs or Sox", then I would deduce that he just doesn't like Chicago. But he only ruled out 1 Chicago team, so clearly he just doesn't like us, and not the city itself.

Doucher. (Oswalt, not you)

F*** roy oswalt. Let him stay his loser ass down there.

I wonder what KW is going to say if someone ever asks him about oswalt? Probably something like "F*** roy oswalt. We weren't pursuing him anyway"

His ass is probably still sore from that 5 spot we put up on him in the top of the 5th in Game 3 of the World Series lol..

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Is Oswalt just going to come out every season and say he wont accept a trade to the Sox?

The thing is, he is best friends with Jake, or they are good friends anyways...and he still wouldn't consider it...must really not care for us.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Is Oswalt just going to come out every season and say he wont accept a trade to the Sox?

He probably has one of those decals on his pickup truck with that dude pissing on a Sox logo.

Dude wants to win, but going to the White Sox is not a sufficiently good place to do that. If he wants to pitch for a lousy offensive team, he can just stay in Houston. Why would he uproot mid-season to play in a bandbox with a bunch of guys who can't hit?

my feeling too, players give up money to get NTC often, so it's their choice, it happens to a lot of teams, his name is completely slipping my mind right now, but left handed bat who began with Cleveland and had a good career with San Diego and his brother played in the majors, he turned down a deal to the Red Sox a few years ago, I believe their 2nd title, it happens

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
And it seems like a lot of players in recent years with a NTC have turned us down. Is our management/coaching not respected around the league?

Schilling and Peavy, which Jake eventually accepted, he also turned down the Tigers this time.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Dude wants to win, but going to the White Sox is not a sufficiently good place to do that. If he wants to pitch for a lousy offensive team, he can just stay in Houston. Why would he uproot mid-season to play in a bandbox with a bunch of guys who can't hit?

So he wants individual wins, but he doesn't care if his team wins?

Not that I give a s***, cause it's not like he was going to come here anways but you just made him sound like one selfish baseball player.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
And it seems like a lot of players in recent years with a NTC have turned us down. Is our management/coaching not respected around the league?

Well, Ozzie was voted one of the top two managers you'd least like to play for.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Schilling and Peavy, which Jake eventually accepted, he also turned down the Tigers this time.

Didn’t Griffey turn us down the a year or two before he said yes?

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)

1/2 game out of first with Lee not going to Minnesota and the White Sox have one of the most creative and aggressive GMs in all of baseball making the playoffs 2 of the last 5 full years including a WS win, and he's on the Astros.