7/9 Games

flavum

Nice win for the Dash.

Jose Martinez 3/4 and goes yard.

Jon Gilmore 3/5 with 2 doubles.

Santos Rodriguez with 26 K's in his last 10 appearances, though the walks are starting to creep up too.

QUOTE (CSF @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Santos Rodriguez with 26 K's in his last 10 appearances, though the walks are starting to creep up too.

The walks have always been there. Hard to take him serious as a prospect with those walks. Eventually the Ks will go down as he goes up the levels and he won't be an effective pitcher.

What is to be known about this Spencer Arroyo kid? He is 21-year-old lefty who is having a pretty damn good year for Bristol so far. Only 4 starts so far, but so far so good...

21 IP, 17 H, 5 BB, 25 K. That's a 5.0 K:BB ratio, and a 1.04 WHIP. Today's start, he went 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 01:47 AM)
What is to be known about this Spencer Arroyo kid? He is 21-year-old lefty who is having a pretty damn good year for Bristol so far. Only 4 starts so far, but so far so good...

21 IP, 17 H, 5 BB, 25 K. That's a 5.0 K:BB ratio, and a 1.04 WHIP. Today's start, he went 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K.

During interviews after the game yesterday, he gave a lot of credit to his catcher!! :)

It was his best game pitched and the only time he was ever caught by Blackwood. I had the pleasure of catching a game in which he pitched while I was in VA. and I have to say, I like his style!!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
During interviews after the game yesterday, he gave a lot of credit to his catcher!! :)

It was his best game pitched and the only time he was ever caught by Blackwood. I had the pleasure of catching a game in which he pitched while I was in VA. and I have to say, I like his style!!

Chase, is that you?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)

The numbers are good, but 21 in rookie ball isn't prospect territory. He's not 'old' for the league, but it's just hard to evaluate him this soon. Rookie ball is weird.