AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
These numbers might be a bit off but the Sox had 24 wins after 57 games or something. Now they have 24 wins after 29 games. Way to catch fire!

Seriously.

10 games over now. A win tomorrow would be the icing on the cake.

3.5 games up on the Twinkees, who are Morneau-less until after the ASB. He might not even play in that series against us, depending on how serious this concussion is.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm too lazy to look them up, but I'd love to go back and read some of those "our season is over, we suck, we'll never catch the Twins" posts that cluttered the board before we got rolling.

I'm sure I had a few of them, but I really don't want to hear from the ultra-positive "it's early" group. The fact is the Sox were in a bad spot, and it's incredible that they have won 24 of 29. Let's just be thankful and enjoy the second half. 27 games with Minnesota and Detroit. Buckle in. It's going to be fun.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm too lazy to look them up, but I'd love to go back and read some of those "our season is over, we suck, we'll never catch the Twins" posts that cluttered the board before we got rolling.

eh anybody who expected they'd get THIS hot is just lying. They are as good after losing the series to Cleveland in June as they were bad before it.

Actually, better... much better.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
eh anybody who expected they'd get THIS hot is just lying. They are as good after losing the series to Cleveland in June as they were bad before it.

Oh, I agree that nobody thought we'd get this hot.

But it's still illustrates why it's ridiculous for people to want to mail in the season in late May or early June.

And there were quite a few people who did.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)

But it's still illustrates why it's ridiculous for people to want to mail in the season in late May or early June.

As far as I'm concerned the flaming epic fail to start the season is water under the bridge now.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)

I think those are separate points. I know I thought we were dead, and I started a poll on it, in which 90 percent of voters agreed with me, so I wasn't alone. But I also distinctly remember many of us saying that the trading off of parts couldn't be started until at least mid July because you never know, maybe the team will get red hot. And that's exactly what has happened.

Edited by whitesoxfan101