White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
I wouldnt be surprised to see the Sox make a deal today or tomorrow for a small contributor. Nothing big.

LaRoche would be my guess, Arizona wont ask for a ton, and the other options are just too pricey for what this franchise can afford to give up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Brett Myers deserves so much more love on the trade market than he's getting. He looks sensational on the mound this season.

He's actually better than anyone that's out there right now, really.

If only he wasn't such an ass hole.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
I think it will be a pitcher. The chemistry in my mind is working and I think Dayan goes down when Teahen comes back until Sept 1st then I think you get a Teahen/Dayan platoon at DH for the rest of the year.

Mark Kotsay will not lose his at bats.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)

I agree. Unless the Sox trade for Dunn, Kotsay is the starting DH for this season. We already know that Ozzie will not give Vicedo regular playing time over Kotsay. I think Teahen will play 3B/1B/RF a lot and you'll see Konerko or CQ sit more often than anyone would like.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
I agree. Unless the Sox trade for Dunn, Kotsay is the starting DH for this season. We already know that Ozzie will not give Vicedo regular playing time over Kotsay. I think Teahen will play 3B/1B/RF a lot and you'll see Konerko or CQ sit more often than anyone would like.

So he's going to sit his best hitter more often? Doubt it completely.

Viciedo and Hudson for Dunn. Would you do it today? I bet the Nats would.

That's our only hope for a significant trade IMO and I wouldn't do it. Viciedo would be a nice bat the rest of this season if given the chance IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)

That's our only hope for a significant trade IMO and I wouldn't do it. Viciedo would be a nice bat the rest of this season if given the chance IMO.

Really, I'd hesitate an awful lot unless I had another option for both this year and long-term as my 5th starter. I still think you lose more wins replacing Hudson with Torres than you gain by replacing Kotsay with Dunn.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)

f*** no, not for 2 months.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Really, I'd hesitate an awful lot unless I had another option for both this year and long-term as my 5th starter. I still think you lose more wins replacing Hudson with Torres than you gain by replacing Kotsay with Dunn.

I'm not sure I'd give up Hudson in a Dunn deal since it's a rental, but at this point I have to disagree with the bolded point.

Oh yeah, looks like Ben Sheets is out for the season due to flexor tendon surgery. From Susan Slusser of the SF Chronicle:

I've had it confirmed: Sheets needs a second flexor tendon surgery, what he'd said he was worried about last week.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Oh yeah, looks like Ben Sheets is out for the season due to flexor tendon surgery. From Susan Slusser of the SF Chronicle:

Is that potential career ending? That is his second one.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Is that potential career ending? That is his second one.

It depends on the cause of the flexor tendon injury. If it is isolated to the tendon and is only a grade 1 or 2, it will heal without difficulties. If the tendons were strained due to laxity in the elbow ligaments it's a ligament replacement surgery.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)

I can only hope this is not the case. Kenny can dfa the mfer. With the virtually zero trade talk we've heard (relative to Dunn, Fielder, Oswalt) about Berkman, Laroche, Luke Scott, Hawpe, I've got to think we could get one of them without giving up Hudson.

Damn has anyone looked lately at what Scott has done? .935 OPS on the year. 1.074 OPS in his last 51 games. And that's hitting in the AL East on a s***ty team.

Get him!

The more the week goes on it looks like KW will surprise everyone again. Lots of scouts from different teams on Wednesday. Latest trade speculation per chicago breaking news:

"The Sox's victory was witnessed in front of scouts from Washington, Arizona, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and San Diego.

The Diamondbacks had two scouts, but one major league source said that any talks of a possible three-way deal involving the Sox, Washington and Arizona had not accelerated.

Meanwhile, a FoxSports report late Wednesday night that Colorado will listen to offers for its players, less than one year after earning the National League wild card berth.

Bill Scherrer, one of general manager Ken Williams' top talent evaluators, watched the Rockies last week in Florida. Colorado has left-handed hitter Brad Hawpe, who could serve as a fallback in the event the Sox don't land Washington slugger Adam Dunn.

The competition for Dunn could increase with one report stating that Cubs slugger Derrek Lee exercised his trade veto rights to turn down a deal that would have sent him to the Los Angeles Angels."

link:http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/jenks-caps-soxs-comeback-win-more-trade-options.html