White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

WOw, for 2 reasons: 1) that would hve been a world shocker that Cowley was talking about. This also shows KW is looking for an IMPACT bat; whether it is lefty or righty.2) why in the HELL would the dodgers say no, I don't know the package of prospects but they are beyond broke and it would have been a perfect chance to get out under mannys contract. Finally, this shows we are going for it and money is not a worry.

Rosenthal on MLB network, we may see a manny deal in august. Says he will clear waivers and dodgers want to see what he has when he gets back from the DL.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Rosenthal on MLB network, we may see a manny deal in august. Says he will clear waivers and dodgers want to see what he has when he gets back from the DL.

I don't like the idea of waiting until late August to try and pick up some offensive help.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
WOw, for 2 reasons: 1) that would hve been a world shocker that Cowley was talking about. This also shows KW is looking for an IMPACT bat; whether it is lefty or righty.2) why in the HELL would the dodgers say no, I don't know the package of prospects but they are beyond broke and it would have been a perfect chance to get out under mannys contract. Finally, this shows we are going for it and money is not a worry.

Cowley is already saying that this was his "shocker" story, of which he know of no names at the time he was spreading this rumor.

I'm on the same boat but I beleive, Waivers begin tom. So technically if LA put Manny on waivers Tom and he clears any team could work out a trade with LA at anytime. In reality a deal could happen in only two weeks. We could see if the offense truly is ok (not a chance) an also give a chance to see what Viciedo has offensively.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

Your probably right he isn't worth it, he would probably be a guy who disrupts chemistry because he is a me first guy. However he was and maybe can still be one of the best hitters in the league. Everyone know this guy is a professional hitter by every definition. There's no doubt in my mind he would benefit being a DH and even more so cause he would be able to stay healthy and save himself his manny moments in the feild. I would love seeing Manny mash in the cell. In fact I would LOVE it.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Cowley is already saying that this was his "shocker" story, of which he know of no names at the time he was spreading this rumor.

Considering he said they were working on a shocker and Rosenthal just said the Sox were rejected right away it again is just Cowley justifying his generic BS. Everyone on this board knows KW is asking about everyone. I'm sure he's even asking about more that would be shockers today.

BTW, the story is the Sox wanted LA to pay Manny's entire contract save $1 million and wanted to send no prospects. It was easily rejected.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Your probably right he isn't worth it, he would probably be a guy who disrupts chemistry because he is a me first guy. However he was and maybe can still be one of the best hitters in the league. Everyone know this guy is a professional hitter by every definition. There's no doubt in my mind he would benefit being a DH and even more so cause he would be able to stay healthy and save himself his manny moments in the feild. I would love seeing Manny mash in the cell. In fact I would LOVE it.

He's probabably off the steroids right now so his performance could suffer at any point.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
This is quickly shaping up to be a disappointing deadline. :(

Nah. Don't be disappointed. Not giving in to some other team's ridiculous demands is a good thing. There will be opportunities for waiver deals after the deadline.

Keep in mind that our biggest trade bargaining chip right now is Viciedo and he would definitely be gone if we trade for Dunn.

I think it could be a blessing in disguise to have things fall through... give Dayan more time to persuade the Sox that he's a keeper.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Hilarious. Heyman on MLB Network saying that the Sox now won't trade Jackson to Washington, and the Nationals are asking for Beckham or Alexi Ramirez instead.

They've been asking for that the whole time. If anyone seriously thought that trading him to Washington would be the saving grace for the Jackson deal, they were really missing things. You don't have to complete that first trade if the 2nd part has any chance of falling through...you do it as a 3 way unless you're happy with the other guy as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
They've been asking for that the whole time. If anyone seriously thought that trading him to Washington would be the saving grace for the Jackson deal, they were really missing things. You don't have to complete that first trade if the 2nd part has any chance of falling through...you do it as a 3 way unless you're happy with the other guy as well.

SO you're saying Kenny got EJax because he wanted him not to use him as a piece for Dunn?

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
Hilarious. Heyman on MLB Network saying that the Sox now won't trade Jackson to Washington, and the Nationals are asking for Beckham or Alexi Ramirez instead.

Screw Mike Rizzo.

Watch this catch up with him, Strasburg's going to have arm issues and Harper's going to suck. It's karma.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Cowley - By the way, privately Sox felt that Hudson was a future No. 5 starter/middle reliever at best. Sorry Phillip, do some work.

Must be the high maintenance mechanics stuff.