White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

KW is not at all optimistic that he'll be able to get that bat. Apparently problems that were evident in spring training, don't always work themselves out. "I'm just assuming everyone is going to get claimed," Williams said. "That's how I go about it."

And having the ultimate confidence in the White Sox actually becomes a bit of a moot point.

"Whether I do or don't, it doesn't matter," Williams said. "This is what we got."

http://scottmerkin.mlblogs.com/archives/20...august_add.html

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
KW is not as all optimistic that he'll be able to get that bat. Apparently problems that were evident in spring training, don't always work themselves out. "I'm just assuming everyone is going to get claimed," Williams said. "That's how I go about it."

And having the ultimate confidence in the White Sox actually becomes a bit of a moot point.

"Whether I do or don't, it doesn't matter," Williams said. "This is what we got."

He needs to talk to someone in NJ ;).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
KW is not as all optimistic that he'll be able to get that bat. Apparently problems that were evident in spring training, don't always work themselves out. "I'm just assuming everyone is going to get claimed," Williams said. "That's how I go about it."

Epic fail by Kenny this year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Epic fail by Kenny this year.

I'm a huge KW supporter, but I will never understand what the f*** he was thinking here. The idea of using a bad offensive player as your primary DH is just so illogical. We've been basically a man down all season offensively and will continue to be down one if we make the postseason. The most irritating part is that DH should be the easiest spot in the lineup to fill with average production but KW couldn't find a single way to do that over the past 8-9 months.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
I'm a huge KW supporter, but I will never understand what the f*** he was thinking here. The idea of using a bad offensive player as your primary DH is just so illogical. We've been basically a man down all season offensively and will continue to be down one if we make the postseason. The most irritating part is that DH should be the easiest spot in the lineup to fill with average production but KW couldn't find a single way to do that over the past 8-9 months.

I never thought I'd say it, but if they can't land a bat via the waiver wire, do they consider Jermaine Dye for the last month of the year? My guess is that they won't because he hasn't played this year, and was brutal in the 2nd half of last season.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
I never thought I'd say it, but if they can't land a bat via the waiver wire, do they consider Jermaine Dye for the last month of the year? My guess is that they won't because he hasn't played this year, and was brutal in the 2nd half of last season.

I bet they have considered it and asked.

Remember, the 2 things JD didn't want to do was; take a salary cut and be stuck at DH. The Nats offered him a couple million and a RF spot a few months ago and he turned it down.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
Well the Giants just got Jose Guillen. The pickins' are getting slim...

The have been slim for a while and Jose Guillen being off the market doesn't change that. Guillen is a bad player at this point and has been for much of the year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Rosenthal had a quote from an executive about a week ago saying that basically everyone is being blocked, no one is getting through. This is hardly surprising since almost all the good players that may be available have reasonable contracts.

This can't be true, as Chris Rongey said it would be easy to acquire a bat during the season.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
No no no, that would disrupt the precious chemistry we have. THATS why we won't get one

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
Jenksy...we just agreed on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you imagine if Kotsay WASN'T in the clubhouse keeping everyone loose? We'd probably be 20 games below .500.

Edited by BigSqwert