Teahen

Cali

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
The MLBPA monitors that stuff so we'd have to legitimately hurt him first.

Maybe we can activate him and start him at 3B on a day when (wink wink nudge nudge) Roger Bossard just happens to accidentally forget to remove a few - shall we say - naturally occurring obstacles in the field around the 3B area.

I give up. Dog Poop?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
lol

Mark Kotsay can play the OF which Mark Teahen cannot, regardless of what you may have read. He's also a vet who can keep his swing coming off the bench after not playing. The Kotsay talk is just dumb as hell. He'll be a very nice bench player for us as soon as we get a capable starter to push Kotsay back into what should have been his role all along.

Teahen OTOH needs to stay the f*** off this bullclub. Teahen and Linebrink need to go in a 2-for-1 s*** contract swap so we can open a roster spot, and ideally we'd save some cash in the process. If we can't do that then it's time to take him out back and put him down Old Yeller style.

I can hardly see any team taking either one of those players. It would take a miracle for one team to take both.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
What ? No one thinks Teahen will be the left handed bat we need ? The way the team is playing now and with Teahen's eventual return KW should look to include him in a deal. But if not, with Lillibridge being 5-5 as a pinch hitter that really does reduce Kotsay's role a lot more. The problem is everyone's playing well right now, Kotsay included, and it's a beautiful problem .

Or as Doug Heffernan would say, a classy problem.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
lol

Mark Kotsay can play the OF which Mark Teahen cannot, regardless of what you may have read. He's also a vet who can keep his swing coming off the bench after not playing. The Kotsay talk is just dumb as hell. He'll be a very nice bench player for us as soon as we get a capable starter to push Kotsay back into what should have been his role all along.

Teahen OTOH needs to stay the f*** off this bullclub. Teahen and Linebrink need to go in a 2-for-1 s*** contract swap so we can open a roster spot, and ideally we'd save some cash in the process. If we can't do that then it's time to take him out back and put him down Old Yeller style.

Mark Kotsay can play the OF no better than Teahen really at this point and we have Andruw on the bench who can play a better OF than both so thats not even really important. Teahen is better than Kotsay and can play the same positions and even plus 3B and even 2B. Not saying Teahen would field those positions well but just as well as Kotsay.

This is easy.

Teahen should not be a regular and all will be fine.

Dayan has proven he's worthy of playing A LOT. The guy can hit. Play him just as we did Beckham last year.

Teahen should play third once in a while, spelling Dayan.

Omar should spell Beckham at second.

Omar can also be a late inning guy at third defensively.

Beckham and Dayan should be the regulars. Their youth is needed in this lineup to go with the oldsters.

That is all.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 06:09 AM)
Are there rumblings of Teahan going on a rehab assignment this week or is he still not ready for that. Not sure how the the roster will shake out when Teahan comes back if there are no trades that affect the major league roster, who goes?

The question is do we send down Lillibridge? The guy has looked like Roy Hobbs out there so far and it appears he's gotten much stronger and more confident...personally I don't even want to see Teahen back because I like the tank and lilly

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
The question is do we send down Lillibridge? The guy has looked like Roy Hobbs out there so far and it appears he's gotten much stronger and more confident...personally I don't even want to see Teahen back because I like the tank and lilly

I really don't think Lillirbridge can go down, his speed and versatility to play anywhere on the field are too valuable. Add to the fact, he is hitting like a mad-man, no way he goes back. Gonna have to be Tank.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
I think Teahen can do pretty much anything Kotsay can do...

Can he play first? I'd love to see him take over the backup 1b/DH role and send Kotsay packing. Maybe we can trade him to KC for Brian Anderson to bolster our bullpen of the future.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:53 AM)
Can he play first? I'd love to see him take over the backup 1b/DH role and send Kotsay packing. Maybe we can trade him to KC for Brian Anderson to bolster our bullpen of the future.

Yes, he can play the corners in the IF at least and can be stuck in a corner OF position if needed. He should replace Kotsay.

I would hate to see The Tank go down. He's looked good at the plate, and his defense has been serviceable. I like the idea of packaging Teahen in a trade, but who would take him? The best option the Sox have is using him in place of Kotsay, but unless Kotsay is traded or DFA'd, that's not going to happen.

I suppose it's a good problem to have, but I have a bad feeling that the wrong decsion will be made and the Sox will end up with Teahen and Kotsay both getting way too much playing time.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)
I do not get KW hurry giving him an extension looks foolish now! :gosox3:

From a pure platoon standpoint, Teahen/Viciedo would be pretty productive offensively from 3rd base. Defensively, that is another story, and I also want to point out that I wouldn't want to not play Viciedo versus only lefties because he has such a bright future. But I think a system where Teahen plays against tough righties and than also ocassionally gets at bats at 1st and even potentially DH isn't too bad (given what we currently have had DH'ing).

This year, Teahen has a .820 OPs vs righties.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
I really don't think Lillirbridge can go down, his speed and versatility to play anywhere on the field are too valuable. Add to the fact, he is hitting like a mad-man, no way he goes back. Gonna have to be Tank.

i just want us all to take a moment and look at this statement.

unbelievable.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)
Once Teahen comes back you have to get rid of Kotsay. Lillibridge is showing he can be the valuable pinch hitter that we need.

Kotsay has a huge role in the clubhouse though so I don't think the Sox will do anything with him. Whether that is a valid reason to keep him or not, whole other story, but it is the case.

And in Kotsay's defense, he's put up a .350 OBP or higher in every month but April for the Sox. And his average has gotten better each month since April as well.

Its humorous to see how many people are loving the "elf boy" Lillibridge. He has been playing good and has a lot more to offer than Kotsay and Teahen. Defense, speed and the ability to play all over the field.

Edited by EvilJester99

I've grown very fond of LilliBomb lately, he seems like a completely different player. He's not swinging for the fences all the time, he's going the other way, he just looks like a different hitter, granted it's like 20 ABs...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
I've grown very fond of LilliBomb lately, he seems like a completely different player. He's not swinging for the fences all the time, he's going the other way, he just looks like a different hitter, granted it's like 20 ABs...

he looks like steve buscemi to me

and that dude is scary