Second half predictions

witesoxfan

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
We were JUST begging KW to DFA Jones a week ago and now we're lobbying for more playing time because of his defense? Jeeze, the mood swings are hard to handle sometimes :lol:

Maybe some people were. I know I wasn't, and others weren't. He's useful simply because of his defense and as a 4th outfielder. He can play center.

Add to that the facts that with his power he's been above average at the plate, is an above average baserunner, has an .830 OPS against lefties, and has done most everything better than Kotsay. He's clearly the more valuable of those 2.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
Ha. Please remember this Jones love affair when you all call for Ozzie's head for playing him regularly the next couple weeks.

You guys act like Quentin in right field is like having a stick figure out there. That the only way we'll get an out is if it is hit right at him. I told you I don't mind negativity but I can't even imagine taking time to write anything negative about CQ right now.

You act like there's just a big green patch out there and anything hit out there will fall for a hit. Yeah, Quentin is sitting in a chair out there and ordered to not move. That's how bad he is in right.

An Andruw Jones love affair going on right now? Wow. Andruw Jones???

And great post by shakes. You are da man. A reasonable look at the issue.

Carlos is da man!

This post has been edited by greg775: Today, 01:26 PM

Ha, the Internet message board psychology strikes again.

Mock one sentence of my post, that I said shakes is da man.

Oh the mocking works to put greg in his place, like it would in the playground, when in reality shakes had a reasonable post and it goes ignored.

I really sting from the mockery. Keep it comin.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)

Oh the mocking works to put greg in his place, like it would in the playground, when in reality shakes had a reasonable post and it goes ignored.

Don't take things so hard. It's an off day with little to talk about. I'm just trying to amuse myself from boredom.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
We were JUST begging KW to DFA Jones a week ago and now we're lobbying for more playing time because of his defense? Jeeze, the mood swings are hard to handle sometimes :lol:

Haha good point. I still think he's a garbage player at this point, but he's hit the ball hard recently, so obviously he isn't going to be a DFA candidate anytime soon.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)

You gotta stop taking things so personal.

MB wins his first 7 starts after the break.

Jenks finishes with 35 saves.

Thorton dominates and puts to rest all the arm slot BS.

Beckham finishes with 30 doubles....and the Tank with 20.

Hawk falls from the booth after a ridiculous HELL YES call in the WS.

We win the pennant by 6 games.

- Sox trade Jordan Danks/Charlie Shirek to WAS for Adam Dunn. Does extremely well, expresses interest in signing extension.

- Beckham hits well for a few games, but still struggles. Sent down to AAA; Lillibridge and Vizquel fill in.

- Quentin continues his tear and ends up with higher HR/RBI than 2008(36/100)

- Konerko and Rios cool off a bit, but still close to/or above their career averages.

- The starting pitching does ok. Floyd does the best with Freddy being the weak link.

- They continue their stellar defense and end with the fewest errors in the AL.

- Finish atop the AL Central with Minnesota behind 4 games(but still in the wildcard race).

- Lose to Yankees in the ALCS.

- Beckham hits well for a few games, but still struggles. Sent down to AAA; Lillibridge and Vizquel fill in.

If he gets sent down, it means we are not going to win the division.

We can't win with Lilly/Omar at second.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
If he gets sent down, it means we are not going to win the division.

We can't win with Lilly/Omar at second.

It does in my world :) . If Gordon hits .203 he's not helping our club win. Plus, didn't you see I added Dunn. Rios/Quentin/Dunn/Konerko at the Cell is gonna crush. C'mon bud don't pee in my Kool Aid and tell me its lemon flavor.