Second half predictions

witesoxfan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Andruw-Kotsay gets DFA'd for Teahen. I lean towards Kotsay.

Lillibridge stays with team, Teahen becomes DH with Omar/Dayan at 3rd.

Kenny does some crazy move that none of us see coming but it makes all the sense in the world.

Alejandro De Aza sees some time on the big league squad.

Gordon Beckham hits .300+ from here on out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
It's actually -14.1 according to FanGraphs, I'm assuming that might be more updated, I don't know. All I know is that he's been terrible out there. We've replaced one Jermaine Dye with another. Alex and Juan are trying their hardest to make up for him right now.

The nice play he made was an out of zone play though, so you have to give him credit for that, but the price of getting hurt was really not worth the risk.

IIRC JD used to routinely put up UZRs in the -20s.

The point is that one catch shouldn't mold your entire opinion or sway your opinion about somebody's playing abilities. I can probably pick out 20 plays that Carlos Quentin should have made, but didn't.

Keep searching for that perfect player. Maybe you'll find one. A-Rod? Pujols?

That it's ridiculous to always post negative s*** about somebody. No, he is not horrid defensively.

He is not a train wreck out there defensively. He's average to below average defensively, not horrible.

It was a great f***ing catch and people are b****ing about it.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Keep searching for that perfect player. Maybe you'll find one. A-Rod? Pujols?

greg, that's not the point. The point is that his defense is so awe-inspiringly bad that it almost completely overshadows the good things he's doing at the plate. It's one thing to not be perfect, it's another to create a lot of runs with your offense, but then give most of them back with your defense. Which along with his health problems is why Quentin would make a perfect DH, if only we could find a legitimate RF.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
That it's ridiculous to always post negative s*** about somebody. No, he is not horrid defensively.

He is not a train wreck out there defensively. He's average to below average defensively, not horrible.

:lolhitting

I love Carlos when he's hitting, but yeah, he's a disaster out in the OF these days.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)

Every one of the bolded points is completely wrong.

OK, I give up before I even start this argument.

Carlos Quentin is so bad it overshadows the incredible hot streak he is on.

Now, please follow with 20 posts about how bad his defense is.

He is soooooo bad. It's disgusting to see him penciled in the lineup and sickening to see him run out to right every inning. It ruins every game for me.

I agree. The stats prove how bad he is defensively. His D overshadows everything about what he's done lately.

OK, let's move on.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
OK, I give up before I even start this argument.

Carlos Quentin is so bad it overshadows the incredible hot streak he is on.

Now, please follow with 20 posts about how bad his defense is.

He is soooooo bad. It's disgusting to see him penciled in the lineup and sickening to see him run out to right every inning. It ruins every game for me.

I agree. The stats prove how bad he is defensively. His D overshadows everything about what he's done lately.

OK, let's move on.

No one is saying that his D overshadows anything he does with the bat. This is just embarrassing on your part. Seriously.

Why is it embarrassing?

The guy makes a great catch and I read this thread and have to read about what a hack he is.

If you guys want to live in the negative, go for it.

I can't for the life of me think of why anybody would feel the need to post negative s*** about Quentin's catch today.

I'm not embarrassed by my posts. I guess we could play some great defensive right fielder out there who can't hit, then we can b**** about that player's hitting.

FIAL

:D

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)

Right, because everybody on the Sox is perfect. Do you work for White Sox PR or something?